Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access control is not working on Android devices

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed ISAPI component in our local mail server but after installation Aceess control feature is not working on Android devices. below is the error screenshot i am receiving after tapping on the Connect button in Afaria client:

Below is the configuration i have done while ISAPI component installation. Note: we have simple standalone architecture without any relay server.

Please share your experience to resolve this issue.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I used user@Domain(D1).com for email address in all android devices and restated the server and it started working.

But i still have doubts related to this since in the newdevices.xml the found format was domain\username and in Afaria reference documents it has been mentioned that Samsung and Motorola devices user different formats for providing Exchange user details.

But in my case the same format is working for me.

Anyhow i happy that this workaround worked for me. Thanks to all

Regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

The Server is Suspended Error does not necessarily occur for the case that you mentioned above.

In the Environment that we have their is no Filter still we used to keep on getting that error. It was a bug and temporarily workaround was that to restart the Master Service. Anyways this issue was fixed in SP4 HF8.

Regards

Batish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am facing  problem only with Android devices.

We have a primary domain say "D1.com" and a secondary domain say "D2.com" in our environment.

As per the afaria guidelines to configure nitrodesk tochdown in android i have performed the following steps:

1. Added " username" "Exchange password" " Exchange username" and "Exchange domain" as variables in android enrollment code.

2. Touchdown configuration

while enrollment some android devices are getting email access using " user@D1.com" format in their email address and some are getting access using " user@D2.com" format.

When i check the Newdevices.xml file in XSISAPI folder ifound the below format:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

- <PermittedDevices> <client GUID="99000259104331" User="D1\Username" Type="Touchdown" /> </PermittedDevices>

I have around 30 android devices in afaria ( Samsung and Motorola) and for more information we use "username@D2.com" address for our mail communication in MSOutlook.

Please share your valuable experience.

Regards

Rahul

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can someone please confirm that is it mandatory to install Powershell component with ISAPI filter to use Access control option.

If Yes , please tell me how to do that as there is no specific setup for that in Afaria installers.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not using a relay server make sure you unchecked the relay server options in Afaria server settings. From Afaria admin>Configuration>Relay server.

Midhun VP

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Yes , It is unchecked.