cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO 7.4 (AEX) Sending IDoc fails if Sender channel is set with RFC Parameter-Default

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Referring to the post IDoc Configuration in SAP PO Netweaver 7.4, single stack (AEX),

it was answered by Jannus Botha. Extending the same post. My scenario runs fine when in I choose RFC Parameter= Manual and give ECC system details in Sender Channel.

But I get the same SM58 errors when I set the RFC parameters to default. Why is this?

1. ECC SM59 works fine if in ECC gateway host and service is either left blank or ECC system details are entered. I have left it blank.

Please suggest how can I make this work with sender channel having RFC Parameter= Default?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Can i suggest that you change all the settings so that the Receiver Channel works with the default RFC parameter.

Can you then go into ECC and SM59 to the TCP/IP and test the connection?

And please send me that error?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay Jannus, This time with detailed reports

Receiver Channel screenshot below- This works fine and I understand as destination is mentioned which is pointing to ECC it works fine. ( XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION with ECC details).

Now Sender Channel screen shot-

When Sender Channel has RFC Server Parameters as manual and details of ECC channel all works fine ( ECC SM59 with no gatway host or ECC gateway details).

But when channel is set with RFC Server Parameters - Default as shown above it gives following error in SM59

As per my understanding that ECC must point to AEX, I tried giving gateway host as AEX_host and gatway service of PO. Which thrown ERROR: Transaction program not registered.

As suggested by people tried gateway service is gatewayservice+1, which gave an error -
ERROR- SAP Gateway connection failed? Is SAP gateway started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

One think i picked up is that ECC is not looking at your PI gateway?

Looking at tcxsnd02.xoserve.com / sapgw00?

Can you please make sure the following things are setup.

First can you please check that you Gateway options in SM59 for that RFC connection has correctly been configured.

Second, can you please check in your Resource Overview under InboundRA that all the properties are there. Might be a configuration issue.

Because from a Old screenshot i can see some of them are missing. For example a important one is the use local gateway = true.

If you see the link below. At Point 2.3. It needs to be set as true.

Please have a look at send me a screenshot of your entire InboundRA please.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, Thanks for the response.

Jannus about the InboundRA first- I could not take full screenshot as I could not scroll down more as I was not logged on with Administrator ID. All those configurations in InboundRA are absolutely as per the blogs ( after reading many , a lot many I have done the configurations).

Now I am not sure about what do you mean by - "checking gateway options in SM59"? what exactly I need to check?

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

No problem it all.

What i mean by the gateway on SM59 is. The RFC you create on Sm59 there is a gateway option. Under the technical settings.

You will see the Gateway Host and gateway service.

Few things i would like you to try.

First please you the IP of your SAP PI system and not the host name.

Secondly can you please use the gateway service WITHOUT adding(+) 1. Your system might have been configured diffirently.

So the service and IP you will need to change in SM59 and InBoundRA.

Give it a go and let me know.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

I am sorry to say but giving the IP address of PO system at both places did not work out as well. It is becoming such a pain.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

This is becoming a weird issue. Tried it on my system today again and everything is working perfectly.

Did you change the gateway service without adding 1?

Consider logging a SAP call. This does not seem right.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ha Ha,

Yeah Already logged a SAP call. I will mark this suggestion as helpful.

Let's wait for the reply.

thanks,

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

did you get any reply from SAP? I am also facing the same problem

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I haven't got any reply from SAP but there are lot of wierd things with IDOC_AAE configuration.

If I choose Manual Entries in communication Channel then we do not need the InboundRA configuration, but if you choose to use settings from NWA then we need inboundRA to work fine.

Suddenly my scenarios are working fine for the settings. ECC sm59 TCP connection has no gateway server and service mentioned with it and inboundRA has the gateway server and service of PO system.

Rest remains same

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas ,

Can you please check the value of your local Gateway in INboundRA properties??

IF it is true then make it false then try again.

If its already false then make it True and then try again.

Thanks

Gaurav Ranjan

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

It is true. And it works now with RFC parameter. But I do not know how it started working. From starting the configuration is same.

This discussion is closed and can be used as reference by others

Regards,

Vikas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Might have some additional input for you on this.

Have you done all the steps in the link below.

If yes, can you please change the Gateway to your ECC gateway. Save it and go to smgw and check loggend on clients.

So change your gateway server and service to ECC on the InboundRA and also in SM59 on ECC so it knows which gateway to use.

Give this a try. I know we only used PI's gateway last time and it did not work it might be because it has not been configured correlty on the system.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

In the beginning of configuration Basis consultants tried it with ECC gateway details in InboundRA. It did not work.

In ECC SM59, when ECC gateway details are given with InboundRA having PI gateway details everything works fine.

P.S.: surprisingly in the receiver IDoc channel even the default RFC parameter works fine. Problem is just with the sender channel