cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide button in agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am working on scenerio which i have two button one for start and other for stop when i click on start button this will display the image and start button should be hidden and stop button should be show and now when i click on stop button then image will be display for stop button and now stop button will be hidden and start button should be show.

Regards:

Sumit Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Depending on how you have created the buttons (action buttons on a detail or list screen versus fields of type button on a detail screen) will determine what you can do in this regard.

Typically in the products the buttons are created as action buttons.  Each button can have an enable rule defined to control if they button is "active".  On some of the clients (iOS for example) if a button is not active and it is on a popup menu then it will not appear.  Other clients may display the button but the user won't be able to click it.

If you are using button fields then there is a hidden rule where you can control if the field is shown or not thereby hiding the button.

Another option, more complex to implement, would be to use dynamic labels on the button to control the label text and action via rules and object states.

Which option you take will depend on your business needs.  But typically in the products we would have start and stop as two separate buttons with enable rules controlling which could be selected based on the state of the current object.

I hope this helps.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

Its now solved by using hidden rules on button. Thanks for valuable Reply.

Regards:

Sumit Gupta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit Gupta, you can define rule in the hidden rule field de screen and de checkbox "Disable field when hidden".

Regards

Rafael Mendez