cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Cost Center - Collective Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Cost center hierarchy field is not avaiable in single cost center create screen. To assign a cost center group (cost center hierarchy) to the cost center created, we need to use Collective Process.

from NWBC main screen, hwo do i get to "Collective Processing" screen?

Thanks,

Luo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo,

You can find collective processing in the home page, under the node Change Request.

Regards,

Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena and et al,

Thanks for the info. I think the version installed on my end is different. i am with MDG-F 7.0 with the home page shown below.

There is no "Collective Processing" function on 7.0. Instead there is "Processing of Multiple Objects". See bleow. I tried using "Create Hier change request for cost center group" in an effort to assign a cost center group in the cost center. But upon data replication, the cost center group is not coming into the cost center master record. What could be wrong as you think of?

Thanks,

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

Find out option where you can create hierarchy / group and then assign cost center to it. With this setup, your CC will get assigned properly.

Are you using IDOC for data replication or SOA?

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are using IDOC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo, There is an alternative method to do so. That is using file upload. You can create hierarchy structure in the .txt file and upload this in MDG hub in an open change request. Regards, Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo,

You have to do the following steps to perform the collective processing.

1. Once you have created  Cost Center , CC groups and CC hierarchy - process the change request.

2. To perform collective processing: select Process Hierarchy for Cost Centre Group.

3. Specify the Edition and controlling area. This will direct you to the collective processing, here you can maintain the assignments.

Regards,

Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

I am still having trouble following your instruction. Anyway, I would like to approach this by asking a different question. How can we differenciate these two function in the sceenshot below? What each of the functions will do?  Thanks. Luo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo,

Sorry, I missed to mention one step in my previous reply. For collective processing of cost center group, you need to create a change request with the following object type(Highlighted below).

You can create the change request using " Create Hierarchy Change Request For Cost Center Group" . This will create a change request of  type Process Cost Centre Group Hierarchies with all the object type.

You can simply specify and create the object " Cost center/Group and Hierarchy " here itself. Instead of creating separately.

You can then use "Process hierarchy for cost center group" to maintain the hierarchy structure.

This should answer your question.

Regards,

reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reema.

now i am getting the error message while I was doing data replication. it says "No Hierarchy data for found, possibly locked in later edition". What kind of trouble shooting I can go through to know what exactly goes wrong?

this time around, there is only controlling area X created and nothing else is created under in ECC. I intended to create a cost center hier CCH and a cost center group CCG under CCH and a cost center CC under CCG from MDG-F Hub.  Thanks!

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

Can you open a new thread and elaborate your issue? You get this error if your CC is already exist in MDG tables. The process of uploading data is mdg is different. You can check the document for initial upload.

Kiran

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good point - I've done the same. 😉 You can continue the discussion in this thread.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

Go to Change request - Select Collective processing - In Collective processing select Cost center group to get the hierarchy view.

Kiran