Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Transfer retail stores to SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

IS Retail ECC 6.0

SCM 7.02

Can someone please shed some light on the best possible way to transfer company owned retail stores (location type: 1040) to SCM through the integration model? Do company owned Stores go through the Plant/ Site IM?

We have an active Customer IM which has also brought in all the assigned/underlying Stores but as 1010 (and not as 1040) to SCM.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oz,

As per my knowledge Stores go as Plants only.Company owned stores are part of company only not like Customers or Vendors.

Based on the settings you created for Stores in ECC they will be transferred to APO as Loc. type: 1040. Select the object Plants..

You can change location type by using program /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE

Below thread is also useful..

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala...thats good information.

Currently there are no filters on Plant IM hence need to copy & paste the entire list of all required stores (almost 300 in numbers!). A location type filter on Plant IM would have been very helpful!

Thanks for the change loc type program too, appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oz,

Glad to hear that the suggestion is useful. Mark it as answered if your Query is resolved.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala

Will certainly close this thread but just a quick question on a similar topic - we don't do GATP at store (1040) level, we only run GATP at DC level but are forced to maintain all 300+ company owned stores + all relevant articles to those 300+ stores just to get the STO delivery (from DC to Store) created and to get the visibility of STO's in SCM during GATP runs at the DC.

My question: Is it possible (possibly by enhancement) to map all those stores to just 1 store in SCM, so that irrespective of the store picked in the receiving location of STO it automatically maps it to that generic store in SCM? I just need to get rid of transferring all those 300+ stores and other relevant data to SCM hence the above request.

Thanks in advance for proposals!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oz,

I am not sure of maintaining a reference store in APO and call that reference store in STOs. But when you are planning for deliveries based on STOs there will be again selection issues for particular store and transportation times ......

In my opinion when you are using gATP you also use pick/pack/transit times. By maintaining reference Store the planning is affected for delivery dates.

May be other experts can suggest better options.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Bala...for our retail business, only GATP is used from SCM along with ECC SD & MM.

Company owned stores (1040) & recipients only & don't play any part in SCM GATP but are being transferred to SCM just because STO's to stores can be created in ECC without errors (ex. receiving location not available in APO). It would be great if we could get rid of these 300+ company owned stores from SCM (to avoid 300+ stores * 60,000 articles in SCM) as it's visibility and maintenance is tracked only from ECC and not from SCM.

Only major supplying DC's are relevant for GATP in SCM.

Waiting for other inputs!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OZ,

I do not think it is possible only with ECC. Though we dont plan for customers/vendors we will send this master data to APO for Planning/ transportation. Similarly though you dont plan for Retail stores you need them for transportation and to exclude error like Receiving Location does not exist in APO.

One more suggestion is please contact SAP also for any notes available to send Stores into SCM system.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala.

I sent all stores (1040) to SCM through the plant IM and works OK; though was expecting SAP to provide us location type filter in the plant IM. Anyway's good for now, closing the thread!