Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom app to Fiori launch pad.

arun_santhanam3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We all know that SAP Fiori launchpad is the entry point to Fiori apps on mobile or desktop device.

We have a complete custom built UI5 application.

My question is : Can we add this custom app as one Tile in the Fiori Launchpad? Will it be possible to map the existing Fiori Authorizations to this custom app?

I referred to can we add custom application in fiori launch pad? thread. But the question is till Not Answered? Can anybody please confirm?

cc: SAP Mobile Platform Developer Center Masayuki Sekihara

Thanks

-Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_ganeshv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, hope your issue is solved, if not give me a day, I am publishing a how to document on deploying an SAPUI5 Application to FIORI Launchpad with detailed screenshots.

Best Regards

Babu

Customer Experience Group

SAP Labs India Pvt Ltd

babu_ganeshv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, If you are still finding a way to deploy sapui5 apps on Launchpad, please follow this document

Best Regards

Babu

Customer Experience Group

SAP Labs India Pvt Ltd

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveenraj_a
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, the follwing link will help you for Assigning Catalogs to Roles,

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/1f/b206d06c074c068edf1418cf301899/content.htm

Also as Midhun, said, please have a look at below link for Catalogs, Groups, and Roles in the SAP Fiori Launchpad, for detail understanding.

Setup of Catalogs, Groups, and Roles in the SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Fiori for SAP ERP 1.0 - SAP Li...

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

was answered as "yes it is possible".

You have to create a tile in the launchpad designer and meta app definition in LPD_CUST transaction.

In addition to the help.sap.com, please take a look this.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

arun_santhanam3
Participant
0 Kudos

Masa, Thanks for your support.

I went through the URL but still not clear in one point.

For Example if I'm going to have my own Custom UI5 Application added to Fiori launch pad then, is that possible for me to restrict / Show application to user based on their roles.

Could you throw some light around that.

Regards

-Arun

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Your custom app tile is in Catalog/Group. Role has relationship to the Catalog/Group.

If user does not have the role, Catalog/Group is not visible.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos