Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibase generation for non-SAP application and SMAD change

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following the stepbystep document of Notes 1741109, we try to generate an Ibase component of a non-SAP system (called FLEXNET), on which we would like to use Administrative change document (SMAD) to track and follow the change in this system.

When creating the administrative change (ZMAD doc type), the Ibase component for this application is not proposed.

Here below my configuration:

From LMDB we created the product system/Product Version/Product instance and perform the necessary customizing point following the notes above.

With IB_GEN, the Ibase was generated successfully.

IB53

In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, the logical component have been assigned and Production system role set to the system FLEXNET

When creating the administrative change (ZMAD doc type), the component is not proposed from the match code: (only the SAP ibase ... which are working fine with Charm under Normal change)

and we got the error if we tried to record directly the ibase number in the field :

Error msg seems easy to understand ... but I do not solve it by myself!

Any idea ?

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

I have opened a SAP message, and SAP reply that non-SAP application could NOT be used with Administrative Change SMAD.

They recommand to use General Change SMCG for that kind of Change ...

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please select Change Relevant? check box on SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN txn the logical component screen. Right now  I only see SBX marked relevant not the FLEXNET log component.

Let me know the result.

Regards,

Vivek

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello vivek,

I tried, but I got this error at saving the SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

As I understand the "Change relevant" check is only used when TMS is active, as it try to check the CTS configuration for the managed system....