cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Web UI for EH Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience in setting up EM Web UI for EH set ? I am being able to view the EH Set via EH Set Browser. But when I set up an web transaction with EH Set flag checked, the search does not return any results.

Any guidance on this ?

Thanks,

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can propose any solution to this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

We would be happy to try and help. Several of us have experience with EM Web UI's for EH Sets. To start with could you please post screenshots of your 'Selection Profile Details' and 'Display Profile' configurations?  I suspect the issue may reside within one of these two areas or your 'configured fields for user profiles' since you mentioned you are able to query via the EH Set browser successfully.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Hansen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for writing back. We are using the standard Selection & Display Profiles: ODT30_SHIPPER_FO . Let me know if you still need the screenshots.

Even I believe that the issue is with the "configured fields". But I dont know the root cause.

Moreover, when I am trying to configure a new field "EH SET"PROFILE" for the user profile,

I am not finding an EM attribute.

Am I looking in the right direction ?

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

You mentioned the EH Set Browser is working fine. One additional idea before reviewing all of your Web UI configuration. Are you able to successfully return any results using the SE37 test function module /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_GET_DATA_GEN?  Please ensure your import parameter for SELECTEHSETS value is equal to X.

Regards,

Jonathan Hansen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

When I said EH Set Browser is working fine, I meant /SAPTRX/EH__SET in the backend.

I did not test the BAPI from SE37 but when I debugged the Web Dynpro, I see that this BAPI is not returning any results.

I found the following reasons:

1. We do not have a customized selection function. Hence, the default selection function is being used. See the ABAP call stack in the screenshots given below
  2. The standard selection function is expecting a selection filed type = EH_SET_GUID. But, we do not have this as one of the configured field on the selection profile. We can not go ahead and add one as corresponding WCL parameter is not available in the  /SAPTRX/UCPD
  3. So let's say, I add the same using the BADI /SAPTRX/USERPROFILE, I wonder whether

a) User would be interested to input the Set Guid on Web UI

b) And even then, would it return any results

I doubt this because I input the EH_SET_GUID in debugging and saw the BAPI giving the results, but yet nothing was displayed on the screen.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

Below are a few things I would check.

1. Ensure you have an "Event Handler Set Profile" created in the configuration.

2. Ensure you have a relation type assigned with a relation code in the "Event Handler Set Relation" configuration. This is your join between the event handlers to create the EH Set and it must exist on both event handlers.

3. Ensure the 'EH Set Prof. ID' is assigned to the event handler type configuration. It is located in the area where the event handler type is defined and you will see a folder below it for "Event Handler Sets". Each event handler used in the EH Set should have the 'EH Set Profile ID' assigned which you just created in step 1 and 2.

4. In the Web UI configuration area ensure the "Define Web Interface Transaction" is set with either EH Set Indicator "EH Sets without technical view" or "EH Sets with technical view.

5. You might also want to check your selection profile and ensure you have a configured field assigned with EM Attribute ID = Event Handler Type.  Inside the configured field ensure the "default value' is equal to one of your event handler types, assign the 'Ev Hand. Type', and you can setup ''Dis. Mode' = Hidden.

Regards,
Jonathan Hansen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Jonathan,

But I have all the 5 steps mentioned above set up.   But no results.

1, 2 & 3 are set up which is why I am being able to view the EH Set on backend (SAP GUI). See see screenshot below.

4 - Yes, I have changed the EH set indicator. Tried with both options

5 - Yes, The EH Type is set