Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download materials for an unsupported SAP version Enterprise 4.7

janos_czettler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem with copying an old SAP version.

The release is a SAP Enterprise 4.7. I have to make a system copy about this system with mssql 2000. Everything is 32bit (OS, SAP and the DB too).

I read the note 967124 - 6.20/6.40 Patch Collection Installation: Windows. This note mention the installation master (51043575). So I downloaded this DVD for IA32 with the following label:

6.20/6.40 based products

Installation Master

Number 51043575

The note 967124 said that:

01/SEP/06

Use the SAP NetWeaver 04 SR 1 Kernel DVD for your database for the installation, except for Informix 10. For Informix 10, you must use the Informix 10.00 DVD.

Regarding to this info I downloaded the Kernel DVD with te following label:

SAP NETWEAVER 04

Support Release 1

SAP Kernel 6.40_EX2

Win Server on IA32 32bit and IA64 64bit

Windows Server on x64 64bit

Linux on_x86_64 64bit

Number 51033191

I installed the MSSQL 2000 SP4 32bit on the server, then I run the sapinst system copy for 4.7 enterprise, mssql, non-unicode options.

When the installer asks the Kernel DVD, I got the following error message:

You entered: D:\install\SAP\NW_04_640_EX2_Kernel_WIN__LNX_X86\K_640_EX2_NI_WINDOWS_I386

Found the label SAP:AKK:640:KERNEL:SAP Kernel 640_EX2:WINDOWS_I386:CD51030xxx but need the label MSSQL:AKK:6.40:KERNEL:*:I386

Where can I found this DVD? Can I ask it from SAP via a new incident message?

Thank you for your help and tips!

Regards

Janos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Janos,

you can try to request DVD from SAP on the component XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP.

regards,
Alwina

janos_czettler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

unfortunately I had no time to manage any message this time. So I modified the 6.40EX2 kernel dvd's LABEL.ASC to the expected string, and then I modified a little bit the directory structure of the DVD, regarding the installation master expected.

Then the installation master can extract the DVD, and I can successfully finished the system copy process.

So the system is running fine after the copy process.

I do not understand that why SAP made inaccessible the old installation materials...

Thank you for your reply!

Regards,

Janos

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Janos,

as per info from my colleagues materials for releases which are out of maintenance are removed from the service market place. But these materials can be requested from SAP on demand.

regards,
Alwina

Answers (0)