cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Image capture Transaction in detail screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, experts

I'm trying to make a call from a button trasaccion an action from a detail screen in this transaction I capture a photograph. In the detail screen I created a field of type image capture and the transaction field to assign embedded image but I could not do it. attached images to better understand my problem.

Platform Windows Mobile Pocket PC Portrait

Agentry Server 6.1.4.179

Agentry Test Environment 6.1.4.179

Thank you for your help.

regards

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check weather you followed below steps

• Create object and define properties for the object
    • Create transaction for the object,select the properties that you want to update to back end
    • Create a screen set for the transaction
    • Define an action to navigate to the transaction screen set
    • Define an action button in the screen for navigation

If you are defining the field that captures the image in detail screen it is only for  display purpose , try to go for transaction screens.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravanthi Polu, thanks for reply, So is with transaction screen works fine save the image capture in the transaction data, but I can not use this screen, because I need to navigate with buttons inside the screen detail(I know in the transaction screen it not posible).

Also I have restriction for customer, disable touch in the application.

Any ideas??

Thanks & Regards,

Rafael Mendez

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Rafael,

Keep your current screens for the navigation, but add an action button to capture the foto.  This button will kick off the transaction that allows you to pick the photo.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check weather you have enabled the following check boxes at detail screen level for image field and also instead of defining embedded image property go for external data property for image field at object and transaction level.Make sure to map the transaction image property to object property as i have noticed from the screen shots transaction image property has not been mapped to object image property

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravanthi Polu, thanks for reply, but i cant asign the transaction property to field image capture int te detail screen. show me a errors.  how could I do otherwise?

Regards

Rafael Mendez

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the screen set level is the screen set Definition tab at the screen set level (not the screen itself) is "Displays" set to "Transaction" or "Object"?

Stephen Streeter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen Streeter, thanks for reply, te Screen Set is type Object,  but the button go to the transaction.

Regards

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Rafael,

That isn't how Agentry works.  You need to display the Transaction on your detail screen to save transaction data.  Then you will be able to point directly to the properties in the linked transaction on your foto screen field.  You can't use the object browser to make the link like you are attempting.  Just use the ellipse next to the object property field to point to foto in the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason, Thanks for reply. Yes,  I need save transaction data for the detail screen (silent transaction), assign the field image capture to point the transaction property(view the image) but in the ATE this field apea not available and hide the button camera, why?. I can not  see the elipse(view image).

Thanks, Regards

Rafael Mendez

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Rafael,

You can't point the screen field to a transaction property that way, even though it is letting you pick that context.  The transaction doesn't yet exist since this is a detail screen displaying an object, so it has nowhere to put the data.  You are really pointing that screen field to a transaction that does not exist in memory yet, so the data goes nowhere.  Why does this need to be a silent transaction? Why can't you just make it a transaction screen?

You may be able to do it the way you are attempting currently by changing the foto transaction field to initial value from another object, then pointing it to your detail screen and foto field using the object browser.  Also remove the object reference entirely from the screen field.  The transaction will then scrape the field from the screen.

The ATE is probably confused because you are trying to capture an image on an object detail screen instead of a transaction detail screen.  My best recommendation would be to use a transaction screen for capturing the image the way it was intended to be used.