cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Goods Issue a Storage Unit to a Production Order Or an Outbound Delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello WM gurus,

We don't have HU activated in our system? I know that you can do a goods issue using Handling Units, but can you do that with Storage Units only?

Can I goods issue a SU to:

a Production Order?

a Process Order?

a Sales Order or Stock Transport Order? (Outbound Delivery).

I am new to WM in SAP, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically, if your storage type has SU management activated, you will have your entire stock in storage units, so whenever you create a TO for outbound process (any of your required processes), you will be able to pick by scanning (or entering) your storage unit number and therefore you will be able to issue the materials per SU selected.
If you have more questions feel free to ask.
Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mihailo,

I think your answer is good. I just have one more question:

What are the transaction codes that will allow me to enter a Storage Unit number during a goods-issue?

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will always enter it while creating TO, or when you are confirming TO, so transactions can be LT03, LT06, LT12 etc...
What you will do is, for examle:
- Create OB delivery (VL01N)
- Create transfer order (LT03) - during this step you can specify exact storage unit and storage type/s. bin
- Confirm TO

Or for example:
- Create reservation
- Create material document by reservation
- Create TO by using LT06 - specify SU or storage type/bin
- Confirm TO (LT12) - you can also specify SU number here

Not looking at football game? :=)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I understand now.

Basically, if I create a Transfer Order with reference to OB Delivery, by creating and filling the TO with a SU and then confirming the TO, the system will assign the quants in the SU used for the TO to the OB Delivery, correct?

I marked your last answer as being correct and the previous 2 as being helpful.

I'm watching the game on my smartphone. I downloaded an app to watch it for free.  It's been a very good game pretty far.

Thanks a lot Mihailo, you're a life-saver.

-Oscar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, you can issue a storage unit in any of these processes you have specified.