cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Del. flag set in MDM change the text in Material master in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am facing  situation where when i set deletion flag in material master  in MDM (5.5) and send it to ECC through IDOC MATMASS.it not only set the deletion flag in material master but also add word Obsolete in Description and change the text in purchase order text field " flag for deletion".i do't want these fields to be change but have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for response. i had super busy week could't get back.i think i could't not provide enough details about the issue.

we have maintained 6 different languages in material master in purchse order text tab-additional data Tab.

when i set the deletion flag in MDM .MATMASS idoc generates successfully and i can see field carrying deletion flag indicator and it does set deletion flag on ECC side but after that if i check the additional data tab where we have maintained the material description for 6 different languages i see only three left other three are wiped off.it also shows in change log that changes has been made in those value but not sure about the root cause.i want to set deletion flag but no change in description.

Thanks again for your interest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iqbal,

Please check if it is MDM which is sending "003" in MAKTM segment for MSGFN field or it is PI which is setting that.

Looking at the outbound file from MDM and comparing that with the Idoc data can help you ascertain that.It seems this may be happening in PI.

Please share your findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iqbal,

Please do 2 checks -

1.Is there some logic built either in MDM or Portal which is adding these changes to Material description.

2.Is there any Function Module which is making these changes once Idoc arrives.

Try to revisit your requirement,as to define that you are marking the material for deletion at what level.Make changes accordingly.

It seems it may require making changes to the inbound processing logic of Idoc.

Thanks,

Ravi