cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different stock in WM and IM!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all I have problems with comparing stock in WMS and IM-MM,it is very strange that I have 67820 PCS in WMS and 67460 PCS in MB52/MMBE!!!!!!
This is very weird and I fear that something is wrong with the system,please help!

Why does this happen,I cant find anything in the syrtem that would be the reason for this difference.
Another fear that I think is even bigger,what if more materials are having the same problem,I have come up to this one by luck,I fear there are more.

Did anyone have this problem!? Any idea for a solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search the SCN discussions there are a lot of topics on this one.
In short, use LX23 to level the differences (will result in material/financial posting).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont have any idead on how to use this tcode. Can you please help its urgent!!!
I dont want to do something stupid so if you can explain me the way it works.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the information about the transaction by pressing the info button - blue i button.
You can also take a look at the note 535043.

This is perfectly normal to happen in a system, it's just an inconsistency which happens
in some reasons mostly technical, doesn't have to do anything with your functional settings,
so don't worry about it, just check LX23 in test mode from time to time, you can see all the
inconsistencies there, and periodically fix them (post).

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any difference that I had to clear via LX23 had it s origin in wrong customizing settings and WM activation despite of having stock in the linked location. I had never a technical issue as source for a difference between WM and IM

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never had a problem with customizing or with WM activation while having existing stock on SLoc, but those were created on the fly, once we have determined that inconsistency in tables in LQUA, LTAP etc.due to a failure in network connection/huge lag and broken link, which made entries in some tables while not creating at others, which caused problems.
But yes, you are right that it can also happen due to WM activation on SLoc with existing stock in IM, but that's very ridiculous thing to do imho and I kind of overlook that mistake since it would be very irrational thing to do, even for an amateur (but yes it still happens).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen can you tell me what customizing steps in wm can make a mistake like this so it never happens again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My luck is it was 1 material only so i have checked with other materials and no problems at all!!! I used it on my QA sysem and works like a charm thanks. Oh and i have seen this one before-LX23-but didnt remember what for it was used.

I see it puts stock to be as WM stock,what if I have exact quantity on IM and wrong in WM?!!! How do i solve it?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mihailo, i certainly agree that this is rediculous even for an amateur, but looking at all the discussions here where LX23 is mentioned is actually explaining it as he no 1 error, similar to making a material type valuated while there is stock.

Billy Bob, i could write a novel until all reasons are mentioned. You have to analyze your case individually, you need to compare your movements from MB51 with the WM TOs  to know when this difference  actually occured.

When it is found, then you know if it is a case fro the very beginning or a recent one. If it is an old case, and all similar process after that case worked well, then just clear it with Lx23

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a lot of movements daily about 50 at least it is a high frequent materisal.From last anual inventory i have a huge number of materials documents so ill try whrn i get time to fins some suspicius ones.Thank you!!!

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is one more reason to run LX23 in simulation/test mode more frequently.
If you run it at least weekly you will narrow down the documents that could be problematic, and if you run it every other day you get even less docs to check if you find the problem.
You can most probably identify the cause of the problem in this way, if it happens again...
If it happens on a slow moving material and you check LX23 once in 2 days you'll crack the problem in no time. But let's hope it doesn't happen again.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I usually start to look  for a movement with the same quantity like the difference
then I check starting with the first movement that meets the characteristics of the difference, e.g the first movement of the batch (in case it is a batch managed material)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great help guys,thanks!!!

Answers (0)