Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 14.0 - PCo Query - Tag Selection Mask

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are migrating from MII 12.1 to MII 14.0. We are evaluating changing Tag Queries and replacing them with PCo query. We are heavily using Tag queries with mode as Tag List and the Tag Selection Mask feature.

In Pco query in tag list mode we dont see these features. We need to set this mask at runtime based on user inputs. For example. The user can search any tag which starts with AB using the mask AB%. The user can select any mask.

o

How can we accomplish this using MII 14.0 ?

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Where are you querying the data from?

For example, if you're reading tags from an OSISOFT PI Historian, the "mask" attribute should be tag='AB*'

Note the single quotes!

The mask value in PCo queries is dependent on the "source" system masking procedure and format.

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I am calling the query through an applet via an IRPT which has mask as an attribute. We are connecting to IP21 and when we pass something like 'HM%' it does not work.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Have you tried using javascript method setMask(String mask) on query object through IRPT?

Regards,

Anushree

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes thats what exactly we are doing and it is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Do you face any error or does the mask property simply not work? This method is supported by PCo query. In deal situations it should work without error.

Regards,

Anushree

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree !! The mask was also not working at design time. We recently applied a patch MII 14.0 SP5 .I will test it from irpt page and see if it works now. I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Kiran

Answers (0)