Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration product lifecycle in sap

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you pls help me to get a configuration document for product life cycle in SAP?

Thanks,

Vijesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

What are you looking for in SAP PLM? It's not an module to implement. Here SAP PLM is something like grouping of many modules which comes under the processes of product life cycle.

Many modules may be..

- DMS / CAD Integration

- PPM (Portfolio & Project Management)

- Design collaboration - cFolders

- PLMWUI

- BOM, Material master

- Engineering change management etc.

- Variant configuration

- Visual Enterprise

Regards,

Ravi

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for the quick response,

what am looking for , we are planning to implement lifecylce manage for finished goods, to reduce the number of SKUs for the same, we will classify item as development,growth, maturity and end of life etc..and the items with end of life will be out from the active product group.

can we do the same with the standard program in sap or do we need a customized program.

thanks,

VIjesh

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

I may not be the right person to answer this query. May be you can post this in Sales & Distribution module for better answers from the experts of those areas.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

LDM may fulfill your requirement. There you can create, edit and maintain your product entire life cycle from product idea till discontinuation. Categorize your finished product as per your requirements in classifications.

Regards,

Muthusamy

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thanks a lot...could you pls send me the documentation for LDM if u have?

Thanks

Vijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I don't have any documents.

I can suggest PLM100,114.115,130,150,160 textbooks are clear your query about life cycle data management.

regards,

Muthusamy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not understand, how can we map into sap for the same.

Jagdeesh

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

are you working with Vijesh? Are there still open questions?

Ulf.

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend you have a look at the (cross-plant) material status and its related Customizing. This should help you with your product life-cycle status management:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/ff/515dd249d811d182b80000e829fbfe/content.htm?framese...

On top of that, you could leverage SAP PLM Web UI Status and Action Management for managing the status changes:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/f9/8ceb3db76a401bac4c456d718d0f46/frameset.htm

For additional governance, Engineering Change Management might be applied.

Regards, Ulf.