SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document posted in FM not displayed in Total Records/Line item Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

When I post something in FM from FI or MM module for a combination of Fund/Fund Centre/Budget Period/Commitment Item and there is no budget maintained for that combination then system does not display those postings in reports  FMB_PT01 - Totals Records and FMB_PL01 - Line Items.

The moment I do some Budget entry using transaction FMBBC for that combination all the FM postings start appearing in those FM reports.

Why it is so. Is there anything related to Budget Structure/Budget Address Configuration. I do not not want to make use of Budget Addresses and Posting Addresses. Currently I am using Budget addresses and also I have executed transaction FMBSBO_MULT - Mass Processing for maintaining the Budget Addresses. Is it because of this but I assumed that it is necessary to do so otherwise we willnot be able to post.

Please explain me the connection between Budget Adresses/Posting Addresses with Postings in FM from different modules.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Rohit Goel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all: budget and posting addresses are the terms which correspond to the usage of the budget structure. Basically, using this feature allows you to control allowable combinations of FM assignments both posting- and budget-wise. Additionally, usage of budget structure allows you to define budget address derivation strategy in a way, that you might post in one combination, but the budget will be checked against another combination. By the way, similar results can be achieved also by AVC derivation strategy, but the principle is different. In theory, you can manage your budget without budget structure, though it could be useful. You can find more on budget structure on SCN or help.sap.com.

As for your question regarding the reports... These reports are based, first of all, on budgetary data, against which the consumption is checked. I.e. the reports starts the extraction from budgetary tables (FMBDT) and checks the consumption (FMIT) for the combinations it found. Additionally, these reports are good only if you use PBET in your FM update profile. If you want to simply see totals, you'd better use FMRP_RW_BUDCON report.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all: budget and posting addresses are the terms which correspond to the usage of the budget structure. Basically, using this feature allows you to control allowable combinations of FM assignments both posting- and budget-wise. Additionally, usage of budget structure allows you to define budget address derivation strategy in a way, that you might post in one combination, but the budget will be checked against another combination. By the way, similar results can be achieved also by AVC derivation strategy, but the principle is different. In theory, you can manage your budget without budget structure, though it could be useful. You can find more on budget structure on SCN or help.sap.com.

As for your question regarding the reports... These reports are based, first of all, on budgetary data, against which the consumption is checked. I.e. the reports starts the extraction from budgetary tables (FMBDT) and checks the consumption (FMIT) for the combinations it found. Additionally, these reports are good only if you use PBET in your FM update profile. If you want to simply see totals, you'd better use FMRP_RW_BUDCON report.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation and advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Which profile is PBET (What PBET stads for)

000100  Payment budget; Payment basis ; Due date

000101  Payment budget; Payment basis ; Posting date

000102  Payment budget; Invoice basis ; Posting date

000109  Payment Budget; Payment Basis; Posting Date;GNJAHR

000200  PB more than 1 yr: CB 1 yr  Ex. Dutch justice min.

000202  PB more than 1 yr: CB 1 yr; NL (New)

000300  Separate PB/CB budget lines; EU

000350  Separate PB/CB budget lines  ; standard

000351  BL active for cmmt and payment budget (Colombia)

000359  Separate FM Acct Assgnmt PB/CB;Appoved Amounts CB

000400  CB with target fiscal years  Ex.German local auths

000500  Payment prog.avlblty control  Ex. Canadian govt

000600  Former Budgetary Ledger - US Government

000601  Budgetary Ledger - US Government

Regards

Rohit

0 Kudos

Rohit

PBET is not a profile but a setting for a profile. We commonly use 000102 based on US State and Local Government requirements. To activate PBET you can go into OF39 Override Update Profile. Select By Update Profile from the left hand menu. After entering the profile you can select Periodic Based (PBET) or Fiscal Year Based (Annual).

Thanks

Shyam