cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform for Arabic customer showing as right-justified

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am printing out a dunning letter for a customer who has Arabic set as their language in the customer master record.  The letter is showing as right-justified which is incorrect as the letter is in the English language.  We don't want to translate this letter into Arabic, we want to send it in English.  So, how do I make the letter left-justified?

I have tried defaulting the customer's language in XD01/2 to English, but this doesn't work as it keeps changing back when I press save.  The user exit I'm using doesn't 'hold' the change I've made to the language field.

I've also tried defaulting the field CONTROL_PARAMETERS-LANGU in the smartform itself, but this doesn't work either.

So I figured the best way of resolving this is to change the settings for the Arabic language, but I don't know how to do this.  I'm open to any other ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Gill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gill,

the easiest solution will be to delete the translation to arabic. IF the language is not available the form will set the default language. Default = Created language of the form.

I'm not sure if you got a smartforms or a sapscript, anyway, if you manipulate the language right before opening the form it works a 100% sure.

You need to share more details, if you face here problems. Perhaps you take a screenshot while setting a breakpoint at open_form / Call Smartform

The interesting parameters are the all stuff of control_Params and output_options

(and NAST if you got it available)

~Florian

0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your reply.  I am working in a smartform so I can't delete the smartform in the language AR.  I did however tick this option:

And this worked.

Answers (0)