Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Problem on Soap Receiver Side

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my scenario is: FTP to SOAP (asynchronous) on PI 7.31 SP11.

The ftp sender is providing a few hundred files at once, unfortunately the processsing at productive environment takes too long, like 15-60 minutes, depending on the number of files.

What is really strange here, the same scenario is working 100% properly at the test environment! So i did some tests to find out the bottleneck:

FTP -> PI prod -> SOAP prod - slow

FTP -> PI test   -> SOAP prod - fast

FTP -> PI prod -> SOAP test   - fast

FTP -> PI prod -> NFS prod    - fast

So if found: Only slow, if i use the productive PI to productive soap receiver.

The adapter configuration is 100% the same as on test system.

I watched the slow messages and found:

First message:

Normal processing of the steps until "XISOAP: XI message received for processing".

Then it takes 4 seconds before "SOAP: Processing completed". This happens withing milliseconds on test environment.

Later messages stay longer and longer in a queue.The processing time is going up to 36 seconds (instead of 4).

-> Something is stopping / slowing them to be processed. This "stopper" becomes worse if more messages are processed.

Does anybody have an idea to explain this strange behaviour?

Regards,

Udo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

just a quick question. So this problem only happens when insert the production URL?

if so. Have chat to network team to see if the are allowing large amount of data dat a to be sent and 2nd would be to ask the 3 party if that webserice can handle the large amount of data.

try the 2 above and let me know. Would be an easy fix

regards,

jannus botha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

The problem seems to be in the message system queue in the AFW in the production environment. It has sense because the SOAP pro and NFS pro are different adapters, however afaik the SOAP test channel uses the same thread pool that the SOAP pro in PI pro.

Have you check to increase the number of threads?. You can check the number of them,

in this URL http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp (System Status):

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Yes, I agree with Jannus.

The steps you identified from the Audit Log include:

1) XML transformation

2) transfering to the external server

Step1) never has any problem. Step 2) includes the network communication and the processing

efficiency on the external server.

Regards,