Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Purchase Requisition with WBS from Projects

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ;

As per our client requirement we need to create Material Purchase Requisition  with WBS Element  Material .Can Some one send me the procedure .

Thanks in Advance ;

Joydeep Mukherjee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joydeep_mukherjee2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All Gurus ;

Thanks all for your quick  reply .

I need a functionality where from project system Material  Purchase Requisition will be created with WBS Element and  not with Network .But I spoke to my PS team counterpart they said this functionality is not there in standard SAP .Kindly Suggest

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Joydeep,

This is not possible in PS via CJ20N transaction to create material PR without activities. This is standard SAP restriction, i guess this cannot be changed.

You can use ME51N by account assigning to Project / WBS element, then system will allow you to create.

This is kind of two different functionalities we have to create PR for WBS element / Project / Network.

Regards

Terence

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member679976
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

For material purchase requisition against WBS element you can select Account assignment category eithrt Q or P . in both cases account assignment will be WBS . but before deciding account assignment category you should discuss with client aboute their requirement as after receiveng this material they want material in stock or they want consumable material process.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating your PR, select the account assignment category as P or Q and in Account assignment tab of PR enter the valid WBS element. Please note, before entering the WBS element, check in Transaction CJ02, if the WBS element is an "Account assignment element", if not mark the relevant check box, also check in Transaction CJ30, if the project is having sufficient budget for your PR. Hope this will answer your query.

Regards,

Joydeep Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto to ME51N, Select your Document Type as material PR and in Account assignment tab, there is option for enter WBS element.

Note: Check your account assignment category. WBS option will only appear if you select Accnt asgnmt cat. as Projects (P or Q).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't understand WBS ELEMENT MATERIAL ...if you mean, want to create PR for project then you have to enter WBS element by entering account assignment as 'Q' for material and 'P' for services and then system will ask for WBS element .

Regards,

mukesh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What do you mean by WBS element material?

Are you asking about WBS BOM functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

On the account assignment column in PR, input Q and input the WBS Element number (with Account Assignment tick) in the relevan field in Account Assignment tab.  Fill rest of the data and save.

Regards,

Gireesh