Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Between SAP GTS and Legacy systems

murali_krishna81
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi GTS Experts,

Could you please let me know how to connect between SAP GTS and Legacy systems.

This is for transfer of Customers, Vendors,Materials(Products in GTS),Transaction Data.

Could you please provide any documentation on this and is it PI team will do or functional guy.

One more question:

Customer created a sales order with sold to and ship to(both contains same address) in legacy system.

Then it will be sent to SPL screening in GTS.

Now he will change ship to address and this should not be passed to SPL screening-- how to do this.

Regards,
Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Can you be more specific on your question i.e

whether you would like to know how to set up the connection between SAP ECC and SAP GTS

or

Do want to know what needs to be done to smooth transfer of Master Data and Transactional  data elements between both the systems .

Please let me know your requirement, so that I will through some light on this along with relevant documents .

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Apart from what Dave mentioned as above, although there is no such document available apart from SAP Standard content document but its something that is very standard to other modules as well.

Actually, you need to have a middle ware like SAP PI or any non SAP Product between SAP and Non SAP Legacy system. Also, mapping should be defined well in advance in this. Then it will also involve the EDI at the SAP GTS system end and Web skills( or applicale connection skills) at the Legacy system end to ensure appropriate mapping and interchange of realistic data.

Here, I would like to know if your legacy system had already some SAP system connected to it?.

Regards,

Aman

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

The required actions are documented in the GTS Configuration Guide, available through the SAP Support Portal.

I suggest you create a separate posting for the SPL question, and if possible edit the existing one to remove that question.

Regards,

Dave

murali_krishna81
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I checked the portal, but i could not find it.

I will remove the second question.

Regards,
Murali

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Actually, I think I misread your question.  You are asking about running GTS from a non-SAP system, I think.

In that case, I don't know of any documentation.  Instead, you would need to check out the API's and decide for yourself how to use them.  Each API is exposed as a Function Module, with naming /SAPSLL/API_*  For Products, see Function Group /SAPSLL/API_6850; for Partners see Function Group /SAPSLL/API_1006.

To assess the useage of each one, you can check the standard code in the SAP ERP system, if you have access to one.  There, the calling modules are named /SAPSLL/*_DISTRIBUTE_R3.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave