cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is CTM (SNP master data) capable of shelf-life planning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I didn't find any note saying that it is NOT possible with CTM and SNP master data, but I am auditing a system were it is not working and I saw some posts unconclusive about this.

They have created the 3 standard APO batch characteristics in ECC (none in the sales order), the code that fills them, and sent them to APO together with the master data in the product master in APO. Apparently it has never worked and they would like to fix it to improve their planning.

any help will be much appreciated.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Please check this SAP note 1873453  - Implementation recommendations for EhP3 APO 7.0 SNP,CTM,VMI

Shelf Life in SNP

SNP planning applications do not support shelf life. The only exceptions are the SNP Optimizer that provides a limited shelf life functionality and - from SCM 7.0 onwards - CTM.

Also Check "Consider Shelf Life" in CTM's tab strategies

Regards

Rami

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

As Rami mentioned, earlier in SNP only the optimizer was able to support limited shelf life functionality. But from SCM 7.0 onwards, CTM can also support shelf life planning. "Consider shelf life" option is now available in CTM profile in planning strategies tab, you can explore the same.

Regards,

Umesh