cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart a TDMS PEM block?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I’m using TDMS PEM ( Process execution Manager) and I have 4 groups of block activities. In the third group I have the Data Transfer Block that stopped with the duplicated key error. I have fixed this error and now I want to restart the Data transfer block, but I can’t see how.

I have two more activities in this block, I can start the activities individually, but I want to keep going with the PEM automation.

If I select the block ID Data Transfer I have the “stop execution” button enabled, the “schedule execution” button disabled and the “status process Execution” button enabled.

How can I restart the block execution?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,

Walde Requena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Walde Requena,

When you click on the Block name(it appears as a hyperlink) eg: "Data Transfer 04/05", you will be able to see the activities grouped under it.

You need to resolve the duplicate key issue before you proceed.

You can run the troubleshooter "Change Technical settings for migration objects" and change the "write behaviour" of the failed migration objects to "Modify".

Once this is done, you can click on "start Execution" in the PEM tab.

The PEM engine will make an attempt to restart the failed activities. Then data transfer should get over for the failed objects.

Then the next activities will also get scheduled and completed.

Let me know if i have answered your question.

Best Regards,

Madhavi

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the block that you want to restart you will have to select the line items that you want to run again and click on the troubleshooting button, TDMS will allow you to reset the status to initial.

Something to keep in mind if you have majority of the entries already completed it may be easier to start a new package, only resetting some of the activities may cause inconsistencies with the receiver system.