cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essbase OLAP Connection using BOBJ 4.1 SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create a OLAP connection to  Essbase 11. X. I have followed the steps mentioned in KB Note 1758332.

I am still getting the below error.I am not what is missing,

Error: 'The Essbase Client middleware is not installed.'

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva/Farzana,

I am getting same error "Error: 'The Essbase Client middleware is not installed.'" while connecting from IDT to

Essbase 11. X.

I Downloaded "Oracle EPM System 11.1.2.1" client  and unzip that package and installed Essbase/Essbase Client.

and configured environment variables as specified in the "Recommendations for configuring Essbase middleware" KB

Let me know I done hear anything wrong.

note : OS is windows 7 and Essbase/Essbase Client able to connect to the Essbase server.( its on Unix machine)

thanks in advance,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikanth,

Sorry for the delay. Can you give me more details like do you see EPM_ORACLE_HOME path in your environmental variables? Can you list the folder names under C:\ORACLE\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1?

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for you response,

I re created "environmental variables" . then i am able to connect.

once again thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

IS your issue resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farzana,

Yes. Issue is resolved. I had to uninstall and install the essbase client drivers.

I was missing bin-32 folder and that is the reason it was not working. Thanks for following up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good to hear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Note:

In order to connect to an Essbase OLAP data source from SAP BusinessObjects OLAP products

including universe design tool, Web Intelligence Rich Client and Web Intelligence, ensure that Essbase

Client middleware is properly installed and configured on machines hosting those SAP BusinessObjects

OLAP products. Specifically, ensure that Essbase Client environment variables ARBORPATH and

ESSBASEPATH are created and set as Windows system environment variables (as opposed to Windows

user environment variables)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20ced5cb-cf3e-2f10-d383-b2ba0908e...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farzana,

I have created ESSBASEPATH system variable  and updated the PATH per documentation. I am not sure of ARBORPATH. Please find my environmental variable values.

ESSBASEPATH=C:\ORACLE\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\common\EssbaseRTC\11.1.2.0\bin

PATH=C:\ORACLE\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient\bin;C:\ORACLE\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient-32\bin;C:\ORACLE\product\11.2.0\client_2\bin;C:\ORACLE\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin;c:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Token Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. Define ARBORPATH = <Essbase Client installation folder>For example:export ARBORPATH=/export/home/Hyperion/AnalyticServicesClientexport ARBORPATH
  2. Have you done the ESSbase client installation? referring the Document
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added ARBORPATH but the issue still exists. Yes I have installed essbase client

ARBORPATH=C:\ORACLE\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\products\Essbase\EssbaseClient

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Whats your operating system?

Is it windows 7?

Please check the prerequisites before isnatlling ESSBASE

Installing Essbase 11.1.2.3 on Windows | 3sixty-analytics Blogs

Hope it helps you.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please check the connection

Project --> Double Click the connection --> Click on the Test Connection 

If you are using the information design tool from a Crystal Server 2011 installation, SAP middleware drivers are not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu,

I tested the connection and I still get the same error. I have installed IDT from Business Objects enterprise client installation.