cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import/Export Existing DC from NWDI to NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am new to webdynpro Java and doing this activity for the first time. My client has some webdynpro Java components on NWDI that needs to be updated as part of change request. I have connected to NWDI through NWDS but do not know how to proceed, and also don;t have any documentation.

Also I got to know from the client that the structure of the DC is quite complex here as we have only 1 main DC and rest of the DC;s are Used DC;s.

Kindly suggest do I need to download only the affected DC or whole group of used DC;s ?

BR,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

first you need to import the development configuration of the track into your NWDS, then you can create project on the desired DC. Once you create the project it'll sync the DC to your local space and every dependent DC that is required for the build.

See also the help.sap.com for further details:

Importing a Development Configuration - Using the Development and Production Infrastructure - SAP Li...

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks, I have reached to this step but got stuck at one place. I have done some changes mistakely but now wish to revert back or wish to start fresh.

I have deleted all my DC;s locally. I have deleted the activities in Development configuration prospective -> Open activities

I have Deleted all DC under Local DC( which I synced with Inactive DC;s) Portal view (in Development Configuration perspective) using option remove from client.

But now there is one DC under Local DC's view which i am trying to remove from client but giving error.

<B>Some files have been edited/changed.

Look over your open activities. <B>

Although there are no open activities for any DC is there but still not allowing me to delete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

The Problems is solved. I did the following steps.

1. Remove all the local DC from Webdynpro Prepective (including affected one)

2. Remove all the Local DC;s from Development configuration prespective under

3. Reimport the configuration from track as shown in PIC to overright the existing configuration.

4. Then after the track has been reimported then in InActive DC Window. Selected my DC and rightclick Create project. The Project got created in local without any error.

5. Rebuild the DC again in my Webdynpro Prespective.

Answers (0)