cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PPM Project versions: name column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need your help regarding one point. I want to know what customizing sould I done in order to have the snapshot of project version name in the column name. Please see screenshot! I would really appreciate your help as I am new on this.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Ruxandra P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra,

The version name you are mentioning is the name of the version what you have defined in the 'Project version administration' available in PPM application-->Portfolio & Project Administration-->Services.

You need to define the description for your object key. In your screenshot, the object key starts with 5000.....02 / 35.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I appreciate a lot your help! And, your screenshots helped me indeed!!!

Best regards,

Ruxandra P.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ruxandra!

As Ravi said the naming of local or global snapshots is done in customizing. But as I look to your screenshot I suppose that you are not using manual creation of snapshots, isn't it? In other words it looks like you are using the automatic snapshot creation with the "create version"-button-choice in the project header (in the line of "save", "read/write" buttons).

As far as I know for the automatic snapshot creation there is no possibility to customize any name - but please correct me if I am wrong.

If you don't need this column you can also hide the column by implicit customizing (personalization).

I hope this answer will help you a little bit. But don't hesitate to come back to.

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

Thanks a lot for replying on this point too. I appreciate so much your help!

Is it true, I create snapshot directly from project. But now, thanks to you guys on scn I solved my "issue".

Best regards,

Ruxandra P.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruxandra,

Yes, project versions can be created from 'Project structure' view itself.

Totally from 3 areas, we can create project versions(Snapshots & Simulations).

1) From Project Structure (As shown in the above screenshot)

2) From Project version tab within the project

3) From NWBC-->Project Management-->Overview-->Versions

Regards,

Ravi