Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Structure in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to IDT.

Whenever I make changes to the data source (SAP BW Infocube), and within my Data Foundation in IDT, I use the "Refresh Structure" feature, the changes are seen & completed. But however these changes are not updated in my business layer. So that i am unable to view newly created objects in webi reports and dashboards.

Q) Does "Refresh Structure" option will not update automatically in business layer?

If not how to update?. How to "Remap Data foundation layer". Please let me know step by step procedure if possible.

Regards,

PRK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Issue Resolved.

After refreshing data foundation layer (" Refresh Structure"), We need to right click on business layer and need to click on "Insert Candidate Objects". Now i able to view newly added object in my cube .

Regards,

PRK.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Adding information to my previous post.

Currently We are in BO 4.0 SP2.

Regards,

Praveen

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

UDT

To refresh the universe in UDT

1. Open the universe that needs to be refreshed in Designer.

2. Follow menu View > Refresh Structure.

In IDT,

1. You can directly access the date without universe using BICS client in OLAP connection.

2. You can able create universe, but you need to select relational connection with multisource  enabled.

So can you please provide which option you have selected?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

As of my knowledge there is no Data foundation layer and business layer in UDT.

In my case universe created by using Relational Connection in IDT. And BW Infocube is the sorce for this.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

To build a universe on SAP  BW, you must create a multisource-enabled data foundation based on a secured relational connection to SAP BW.

And to fix the issue, Please check the below note:

1770390 - Changes to BW characteristic are not recognized in the Information Design Tool (IDT)

A temporary solution to this problem is to create a new Relation Connection, Data foundation & Business Layer after the changes have been made.

A permanent solution has been tracked under ADAPT01636012 which provides a fix in Patch 4.4 for SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0

1988574 - BI 4.x IDT - Can't Modify Joins

1802590 - How to refresh UNX universe based on SAP BW Jco connection