cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Text

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

I have a Selection Description field (( as seen in /sapapo/ts_selko table - Data element - /SAPAPO/TS_SEL_DESCR )) and I need the corresponding . /SAPAPO/TS_SEL_DESCR_LONG for the same . Could anybody confirm if the function module /SAPAPO/MCPSH_SELECTION_DESCR would do the task ? I am unable to test it successfully.

I need the mapping from Selection description - TEST_SELID to Selection description - 9AMATNR = TEST.1, 9ALOCNO = K770, INTERN_MATLO = KnaQI0n0IS3X08002WCQ8m.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member216565
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I could not understand, why do you need  /SAPAPO/TS_SEL_DESCR_LONG ??

Are you looking for values, maintained in a SELECTION ID??

If so, you can it from the table /SAPAPO/TS_SELPO directly. Before passing to selction id into the table, Use the conversion routine 'CONVERSION_EXIT_SELID_INPUT' to convert selection id into Internal format.

Thanks,

Santosh KB.

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh ,

Its a custom requirement . At the end , I need to perform some activity which requires me to map values from  Z table where they have maintained selection description of char 60 length .  Its like I have 2 tables but on one side I have selection description of length 60 and on the other side I have selection description of length 120 but in format " 9AMATNR = TEST.1, 9ALOCNO = K770, INTERN_MATLO = KnaQI0n0IS3X08002WCQ8m".

Conv Routines does not help me here . I cannot change the Z table either ! We are talking about selection description here not selection Ids. Any other way ?

former_member216565
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

As far my knowledge is concerned, there is no standard FM available,to get the description(120 Character length ) in that particular format.I tested this fm /SAPAPO/MCPSH_SELECTION_DESCR and found that, it does not match the format, you require. Hence i suggest you to build custom logic to form this 120 lenght description with the help of table entries in the table /SAPAPO/TS_SELPO for that selection description(60 Character length).

Thanks,

Santosh KB.