cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARA: Custom rule set is not considered for roles analysis to Update Management Report???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem while performing roles risk analysis.

I have defined custom rule set and all rules are successfully generated for standard and custom rule set.

I have performed users risk analysis both at Actions and permissions levels for our custom rule set. System is properly analysing and showing the violations correctly.

However, while performing roles analysis, I face some problem. And the problem is that system is considering standard rule set ONLY!

At the time of perform risk analysis, I specifically select custom rule set (the same is used for users as well) and custom risk IDs for all roles. I also select custom rule set at the time of running batch risk analysis (for updating management reports).

I get all standard risk ids. Let me tell you, I have not maintained the custom rule set in any of the standard risks. That is why I am getting all custom risks for users analysis.

May I know what could be the reason for this? I verified configuration parameters. However, I could not get any relevant one.

CAn any one please advise?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I have another piece of information.

Actually, while performing risk analysis for roles, system is considering custom rule set and giving custom risk ids against roles, if violated.

However, I think there is some problem while updating the manager reports for roles.

Here, manager report is not getting updated properly with custom risks ONLY. I also find standard risks which are not applicable to custom rule set.

This is not the case with users manager report.

Do I have to look into specific configuration parameter for roles?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any help, possible?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went though the note#1658138 and found that it uses some custom program to delete risks from GRACMGRISKD table.

It seems that it is affecting the management report. This note is applicable SP < 8. However, I am on SP#14. I tried to do something in my system.

I manually deleted all standard risk ids from the above table (using SE16) for one of the back end systems and then ran batch risk analysis job. It seems to have fixed the issue!

Regards,

Faisal

Answers (0)