Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Security Notes: ABAP and Kernel Software Corrections

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a quick question, hopefully it's just as quick an answer.

Under the Early Watch section in the title it states

Security-related SAP Notes cannot be checked because the results of the RSECNOTE tool are missing.

What does this actually mean and how do I make the results of RSECNOTE available to the early watch report?

It says this in all my systems, I can run the tool via ST13 or SE38 > RSECNOTE manually but surely it's must be referring to some automated results.

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

RSECNOTE is dead - as a consequence the corresponding chapter in the EWA is not useful anymore -> go for application System Recommendations of the SAP Solution Manager.

see

Security Patch Process FAQ

https://scn.sap.com/community/security/blog/2012/03/27/security-patch-process-faq

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

We are running solution manager 7.01 where is this Application System Recommendations you speak of?

Thanks

Craig

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doesn't matter I found it under Change Management.  However why does it insist on filtering by date?  A period which isn't even current either!

Cheers

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Please check below

Note 888889 - Automatic checks for security notes using RSECNOTE

hope this solves

Regards

Prakhar

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry but this note is not relevant, we are using ST-A/PI 01Q_700 SP2 (SAPKITAB7L).

It also refers to RSECNOTE not existing in the system.  As I mentioned the tool exists and I can run this manually, but as noted the Early Watch report states

Security-related SAP Notes cannot be checked because the results of the RSECNOTE tool are missing.

Suggesting that somehow results of the tool are held somewhere and are read by the Early Watch report processing. So my question still stands, how are these results made available to the Early Watch report, what batch job needs to be running on a regular basis for this to work?

The very first sentence after the section says

You have marked 2 security-related SAP Notes as not to be considered.

So it must be reading this from somewhere!

Thanks

Craig

shahinmikailov
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Craig,

could you solve this issue? We are getting the same error also

regards

Shahin