cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure in Product master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a product with below UOMs. I am trying to place this product with 1 PAC in a bin which has capacity of 510 kg.

How does the system calculates for this product weight to place in bin?

Thank you...

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

You will first need to maintain a KG <> EA conversion so that SAP can determine how much 1 PAC weighs.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply and time.

There is already 1 EA = 99.80 KG maintained .. Is that not correct?

Thankyou..

Sridhar

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

It is straight forward logic. And, you UOM Maintenance is also fine

1 EA = 99.80 KG

1 PAC  = 590 EA.

Total weight of 1 PAC = 590 * 99.80 KG

1 PAC = 58882 KG Total.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shridar,

I was looking for a UOM like 10 EA <> 998 KG, but for what you are doing, it is true that specifying the gross & net weight should be sufficient to determine if this will fit in a bin.  But looking at the numbers I think you have something wrong.  Satish performed the math right, but I have never seen a PAC that weighs 58882 KG.  It is theoretically possible of course, but that's bigger than any shipping container I have ever seen so I suspect there is an error.  Did you perhaps mean 1 PAC to weigh 99.8 KG?

Dave

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

I took the calculation from Sridhar Screen shot. He mentioned 1 EA as 99.98 KG. Which is equal to 100 KG each component. It must be Heavy Component like Big Engine.

And, He menstions, 1 PAC = 590 Eaches. that meants, If we convert as 1 PAC into KGs,

1 PAC = 590 Ea * 99.80 KG/EA

1 PAC = 58988 KG.

I agree with  you, Having 1 PAC such a huge weight is more like theoretical and not practical.

Sridhar might have taken it as example weight or, the weight must be in Grams instead of KGs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathish,

Yes, I followed your math and you did it exactly right.  So if this is a real example, then I think something is wrong.  As you suggested this may be a made up example or maybe it should be Grams instead of KG.  Hopefully Sridhar can confirm.

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Satish and Dave.

I think this is wrong UOMs maintained in product.

Thank you...

Bhagavan Boppa

Answers (0)