cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response options in Marketing Campaigns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to demystify the Response Options in the Marketing area.

I'm wondering, how can we use these Response Options?

If I create a direct e-mail campaign I can add Response Options to the Campaign. Nice.

But what can I do with these Response Options?

How can I add these Response Options to the email template I'm sending out (e.g. I want to send out an invite email with two response options, "Yes I will attend", "No, I will not attend" --> How can I actually "ask" the question to my target group in the email template?)

Maybe the Response Options are not used in Direct e-mail campaigns?

To be short, has anyone worked with the Response Options yet in marketing campaigns and can tell me how to actually use them 🙂

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Joost Stallaert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaninaW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Joost,

the only thing I know is the following:

"...

If you want to classify responses that you capture when executing campaigns, an administrator can create response options that can be assigned to campaigns. A response option can have a positive, negative, or neutral classification.

With the classification you can select, for example, all positive activities in reporting.

When a campaign is assigned to an activity, there’s a check, whether response options are assigned to this campaign.

If there is a default response option, this default will be shown in the newly created activity. You can change the response to another option assigned to the campaign afterwards.

Note: Currently there is reporting and user interface selection based on the response option. For leads and

opportunities we assume to have already a positive feedback. Otherwise we would not have such an object.

Response options can only live with a campaign. When you set a response option to Obsolete, you will not see it anymore in the value help and you can't assign it to campaigns.

..."

Source: Administrator Guide on page 315.

Best regards, Janina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Response Options are planned to be used in future for tracking campaign responses either via direct email campaigns in C4M or via external campaign execution engines.