cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Desktop - Lumira Server problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Since a couple of days I try to publish some reports from SAP Lumira Desktop on SAP Lumira Server. Both versions are 1.15 and SAP HANA version is rev70.

I installed Lumira Server as mentioned in installation guide. Imported package, created related users with needed roles and did define user in xs engine admin. But when I try to connect from Lumira Desktop to Lumira Server I get the error below. I also attached the error trace I found in HANA.

Unfortunately  couldn't resolve the problem and I'm not sure where to look.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked your proxy settings in the desktop to connect to the server?

See File -> Preferences -> Network

Is that user able to log on to launchpad via the browser?

Christina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

Yes, I checked Network settings many many times. No changes.

The user is able to log on to launchpad via browser.

Thanks.

former_member184471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

based in the error message it should be a network issue. Maybe try to ping the proxy server or try provide the full domain proxy server name. I would suggest to contact support and create a ticket. They will probably need the trace log file from Desktop which can be found from
%tmp%/sapvi.

Christina

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was mentioned to us that you needed to be running the current HANA version SP8 for this to work. Is that not the case?

former_member184471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Lumira Server 1.17 does need HANA SP8,
Lumira Server 1.15 was HANA SP7 rev 70

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the trace file in Lumira desktop and found the error below. Any ideas?

2014/06/19 06:20:11.123000|==|S| | 2772|  42| |||||||||||||||[com.sap.hilo.platform.viweb.internal.VIWebUserSessionManager]Opening VIWeb session

2014/06/19 06:20:12.341000|>>|S| | 2772|  42| |||||||||||||||[com.sap.hilo.platform.viweb.internal.VIWebUserSessionManager]Session cannot be opened for user LUMIRAUSER on http://server:8001/sap/bi/launchpad. Check the parameters., reason is: No successful authentication possible

2014/06/19 06:20:12.344000|>>|S| | 2772|  42| |||||||||||||||[com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.httpservice.HTTPAdapter]Call to service 'openViWebSession' failed

com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.VIServiceException

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.share.v2.common.service.OpenLumiraPlatformSession.execute(OpenLumiraPlatformSession.java:146)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.share.v2.viweb.service.OpenViWebSession.execute(OpenViWebSession.java:22)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.h5v2.common.service.BaseService.execute(BaseService.java:33)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.httpservice.HTTPAdapter.execute(HTTPAdapter.java:89)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.DispatcherServlet.handleRequest(DispatcherServlet.java:101)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:86)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:598)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1367)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.JsonPaddingFilter.doFilter(JsonPaddingFilter.java:78)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1338)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.clientappcache.StaticCacheGeneratorFilter.doFilter(StaticCacheGeneratorFilter.java:98)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1338)

at com.sap.hilo.desktop.embeddedserver.configurator.internal.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:59)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:484)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1065)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:413)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:999)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:111)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:350)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:454)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:900)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:954)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:851)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:235)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:77)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:606)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:46)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:603)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:538)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

former_member184471
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just noticed that in your screenshot you have the SSO check-box checked. So this contradicts your first statement of using 1.15 desktop and 1.15 server as the SSO is new feature in 1.17. If you're using 1.17 desktop you need Lumira Server 1.17 and with that HANA SP08 Rev 80

and AFL 80.00 patch level 1.

Please make sure you have these prerequisites in place. Further the error messages states “No successful authentication possible”

If you are using SSO, have you set up Kerberos SSO correctly for that user?

Can you try to log on without SSO and use the user name and password to see whether the issue is with SSO set up?

If the problem persists I suggest opening a support ticket.

Regards,

Christina

sachin_sachdeva2
Explorer
0 Kudos

i'm facing exactly the same above issue where manually login or SSO both are not working,

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this problem solved?  if yes, what was the solution? I am facing similar error with Lumira version 1.25, Lumira Server is installed in HANA Sp09. When I try to login, I see below message logged in the error section -

User profile cannot be retrieved from SAP Lumira™ Server. (HDB 11021)A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 4 [character 1 line 4]

[object Object]

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lakshmy

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please create a new post. I don't see how this is even remotely similar as the initial post was for Lumira version 1.15 and the error is completely different(?).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Answers (0)