cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination Bin change in Pick Module Replenishment scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement to perform destination bin change during TO confirmation into the pick module for replenishment scenario. The requirements is as below:

System set up:

We have a storage type 001 (Replen Storage type) that has been configured with putaway strategy as 'F'. It is basically a pick module wherein we have defined one fixed bin for every SKU or Material in WM2 view and we have defined the minimum, maximum, control quantity & replenishment quantity.

Our requirement is to perform a two step confirmation for the stocks going into this pick module meaning although the fixed bin in determined during TO creation user needs flexibility to change the destination bin to a new interim bin during confirmation and then they will intern perform a bin to bin transfer from interim bin into the actual fixed bin location.

We do not want to activate standard 2 step procedure as it will impact other kind of picking process. Hence need a solution to perform destination bin change as below.

1. For Material A and Fixed Bin 001 in storage type 001, the stock level has gone below minimum quantity.

2. A transfer order is created automatically to replenish this bin from another storage type(This is standard SAP replen process).

3. The user will pick stock from the source storage type and deposit the stock into an replenishment interim bin which is also a part of the same pick module.

4. The user wants to confirm stock in interim by changing destination bin to say bin 002 in storage type 001. Although we have activated destination bin change for this storage type it is not allowing us to change bin during confirmation.

We are looking for help from experts to provide a solution for this scenario. Is activating destination bin change for fixed allowed by standard SAP? If not what are the other alternatives to achieve this functionality. Please refer the attached document for details.

Best Regards,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harish ,

Kindly try using 2 step confirmation for replenishment transfer orders , same will allow to confirm your transfer order in two steps.

Pick in one step ( TO will remain in operational mode ), confirm transfer order in second step.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jinoy,

Can you guide me on how to configure two step confirmation for replenishment if you can provide me any reference for the same. I am interested in knowing the functionality of 2 step confirmation for replenishment and did not find any documentation.

I am aware of 2 step replen process that will create 2 transfer orders and would require us to activate 2 step picking which we do not want to configure.

Thanks,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jinoy,

Thanks for your input. I have setup the 2 step confirmation process for replenishment. 1st step will be confirmation of pick and second step is confirmation of transfer.

Best Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats great Harish.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

How is the replenishment triggered..are you using LP21,LP22 or LP24...IF YOU use any of these standard SAP TCode, first the system creates TR and the bin gets fixed in the TR itself. Even by having destination bin changeable at the time of confirmation will have no effect and will continue to remain grey.

I had a similar requirement in one of the projects.Placement strategy was next empty bin and since fixed bin was maintained in material master , system was always defaulting fixed bin in TR. When TR was converted to TO, the same bin got carried over

to avoid this we used user exit EXIT_RLLNACH4_004 to prevent defaulting of bin in TR. TR was created without destination bin. When TR is converted to TO, system can find the bin based on the strategy maintained. This works very well and we have used it successfully

Regards

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaram,

In our case there is no TR creation. The standard config will creates an Auto TO directly.

Under the config: Warehouse Management --> Activities --> Define stock transfer and replenishment control --> replenishment control for storage type we have set up the control as '1' = Transfer Order immediately for fixed bins.

This config will allow to create a new TO as soon as stock level goes below minimum and the trigger point for this is the previous picking TO confirmation from the storage type that will bring the stock level below minimum.

Thanks,

Harish

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Can i request you to check the screen control of movement type which you are using for the Transfer order

Since you mentioned that screen is greayed out value 1 or 2 will open certain field to make an entry

Please share the error message number which you are getting that will help  us to trouble shoot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Then you have to look for some user exit to achieve the results. I don't think Standard SAP can be useful

Regards

Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am not getting any error. My intention is to change destination bin during confirmation for this scenario. I have tried to play with confirmation screen controls in movement type as per your suggestions and seems like only for the Auto Replen TO(Generated automatically by the system via standard Replen config) it does not allow destination bin change. Other manual TO's generated for manual bin to bin transfer is allowing us to change bin during confirmations into this storage type.

Probably i need to check with ABAP team if this can be changed via user exit enhancement.

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Harish

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

If manual TO allows you to make the change then i am sure Auto also should allow you to make the change (With my little knowledge of system, i don't see any major issue why it should not allow for the Transfer order which are generated automatically) it is a good idea to sit with development team and understand the flow