cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB13 Activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

In DB13, there are many options like scheduling backup and Update Statistics etc, as i am familiar with both the tasks i have mentioned, i request experts please guide me as what are the other tasks that should run in DB13 on daily basis as-well as at certain time intervals.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mohd Basis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition to above updates, you may schedule these jobs as below (Ideal):

Check database   - Daily

Redo log backup -  Multiple (2 min) times everyday (to minimize the risk of data loss, but depends on your backup configuration and capability etc.)

Validate structure - Weekly

Verify database - Weekly

Cleanup logs - Weekly

Online+archivelog backups - Daily

Update statistics - Daily

Regards,

Nick Loy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

As an administrator I would use all different action (except different backup types, because you would need normally two of them only) to make sure, my system is running correctly and to lower the  chance to encounter any unexpected situations.

Regards,

János

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd.

Please make a note that the below jobs - Verify database

Consume lot of system resources and if required should be planned on weekends or very low system loads.

Hope this helps.

Regard,s

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is advisable to start the following activities from time to time and it depends on the system needs and available timeframes to perform:

- Check database

- Redo log backup

- Validate structure

- Verify database

This way you can ensure the database is not only checked for corruptions but also maintained well and in case of any problems you can react in time.

But the actions you need to perform is really system dependent, so the decision in your hand.

Regards,

János

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To the list provided by Janos you should also add "Check and update optimizer statistics" that must run daily in 11g.

You could also run "Cleanup logs" in order to remove the Br*tools log, that action can be configured to cleanup many other logs (check note 1551504 and 1647272)

In order to be able to run the validate command (weekly) on both SAP & system schema you will need to follow the steps described in note 514178 - ORA-14508 when validating partitioned tables

Best regards