cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel not upgraded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am now upgrading kernel from 7.41_11 to 7.41_31  , I did all the steps as it is told in 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

however the kernel is still 11,  not 31.    I doubt the new kernel files has not been copied to the executive kernel folder. 

After further analysis I found trace in log file sapcpe:

2014/06/13 10:52:59

sapcpe version nUC: @(#) $Id: //bas/741_REL/src/ccm/sapstart/sapxxcpe.c#4 $ SAP

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Command line:

0: C:\usr\sap\N74\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE

1: pf=\\DEWDFWSBS5104\sapmnt\N74\SYS\profile\N74_DVEBMGS00_DEWDFWSBS5104

Trace level (profile): 1

** INFO:    Try to find file table sapcpeft (default:sapcpeft)

** INFO:    Try to find file table in the central directory C:\usr\sap\N74\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64\sapcpeft

** INFO:    not found any file table.

source: C:\usr\sap\N74\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64

target: C:\usr\sap\N74\DVEBMGS00\exe

*** ERROR: sapcpe: find <src> C:\usr\sap\N74\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64 failed, 2, No such file or directory, [D:/depot/bas/741_REL/src/ccm/sapstart/sapxxcpe.c:1624]

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

It seems that sapcpe.exe is trying to find directory C:\usr\sap\N74\SYS\exe\nuc\NTAMD64\sapcpeft, while the actual directory is

C:\usr\sap\N74\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpeft.

I have never met this previously, do you have any idea about this?

thanks ,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why did you follow note 1636252 since your kernel release is 7.41 and not 7.20 ? To update a kernel, you just have to backup the old kernel and replace it by the new in C:\usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64.

For your issue, is your system unicode (check this link: How to check if your system is Unicode or non-Unicode - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki) ?

Best regards,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nico

I checked the version of my system , and it is uni-code.

I backed the old kernel and replace it by a new kernel from service market.  However the new kernel is

non-unicode,  after I checked the version of disp+work. I searched the kernels  for 7.41 in service market ,and there is only non-unicode for the latest patch 26 and 31. I am wondering where is the unicode version?

thanks,

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Torren,

When I go to http://service.sap.com/patches > A-Z index > Letter K > SAP KERNEL 64-BIT UNICODE > SAP KERNEL 7.41 64-BIT UNICODE > Windows on x64 64bit > Database Independent, I can see the patch 31 for kernel 7.41:

Please check again

Best regards,

Nicolas

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torren

Could you refer the Screen shot for 7.41 Unicode

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nico

I didn't do it this way before, I usually refer to direct search.  and I really appreciate your help.

thanks,

Nicolas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Torren,

I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved .

Best regards,

Nicolas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torren,

2014/06/13 10:52:59

sapcpe version nUC: @(#) $Id: //bas/741_REL/src/ccm/sapstart/sapxxcpe.c#4 $ SAP

It looks like sapce is non-unicode. Please ensure you have downloaded the right kernel files and ensure sapcpe is also of same type.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

I agree with you in this analysis

I searched the kernels  for 7.41 in service market ,and there is only non-unicode for the latest patch 26 and 31. I am wondering where is the unicode version?

thanks,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torren

Could you share the DB version ?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello S

this is my DB version: MAXDB 7.9.08.012