cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Get Entity Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need urgent help here. I have my Odata services written in ECC and am maintaining them in Gateway client. Now when I am calling the Gateway client it is just generating a xml but with no data. I have put external breakpoint in code where GetEntitySet is written but breakpoint is not getting triggered. Ttwo systems are identifying each other as I can 'Add Service' and find my 'Entity Sets' in Gateway.

Can anyone please help me in understanding what might be wrong here?

Any quick help will be really appreciated.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

set an external breakpoint AND use the whole URL including http://<host>:<port>.

This definitely stop at the breakpoint. Had the same problem and solved it this way.

Alternatively call the url from a browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Saket,

Can you check the user for which the Break-Point is set. Is it the same user through which the service is called?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh and Murali,

Thanks for your inputs. I have checked both these things are they are correctly maintained.

Breakpoint is set through same user. Also alias is mentioned correcty as I am able to see Entity sets and able to Add services too.

Any other suggestion?

Regards,

Saket

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

Considering above discussion, I guess, there might be issue with data population logic in DPC_EXT method (or even you might not be getting data at all) but as you are saying that external breakpoint is not getting triggered, I will suggest to check below threads,

you can google and will get more related threads.

Once your external breakpoint will trigger in backend class DPC_EXT get_entityset method, you can verify if the populating entity set logic is correct or not.

Regards.

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

Try the below add on URI option while calling the Gateway client. This might give you some pointer.

sap-ds-debug=true and check if the method is getting called in the run time window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the Get Entity Set method is called from the above step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thanks again. I tried this too. But GetEntitySet method is not getting called.

Here is what I can see :

• /IWCOR/CL_DS_HDLR_HTTP->IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST( )49.3
    • /IWCOR/CL_DS_HDLR_ROOT->/IWCOR/IF_REST_HANDLER~HANDLE( )48.9
      • /IWFND/CL_SODATA_ROOT_HANDLER->HANDLE_AUTHORITY_CHECK( )0.0
      • /IWFND/CL_SODATA_SVC_FACTORY->CREATE_SERVICE( )6.1
      • /IWCOR/CL_DS_URI_FACADE->PARSE_URI( )2.3
      • /IWFND/CL_SODATA_PROC_DISPTCHR->PROCESS( )28.3
        • /IWFND/CL_SODATA_PROCESSOR->/IWCOR/IF_DS_PROC_ENTITY_SET~READ( )26.9
        • /IWCOR/CL_DS_EP_TEXT->WRITE_TO( )0.1

Please advice.

Regards,

Saket

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saket,

Hope you have set the external debugging point in the DPC class.

If it is still not stopping at the breakpoint, then it can be problem with a user hard-written in the RFC destination. Check if a user and password is maintained at the RFC destination. If yes, you need to set up external breakpoint for that user.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saket,

Please check in GW client to which system you have pointed your service. Check the client mentioned in ADD SYSTEM ALIAS in GW Client.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Saurabh Gupta