cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Session hanging (button or /o)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are testing out a possible upgrade to the saplogon gui and there appears to be a problem with getting new sessions to open within any of our modules:

The release in question is:

Release: 730 Final Release

Version: 7300.3.9.1084

Build: 1496147

Patch Level: 9

What happens is:

1) Run /o, click on the create new session button, or double click on an item that would open a new window (i.e. double click on a role within a composite role and it should open the pfcg window for that role that was clicked on) and nothing will happen

2) Running ANY transaction from the open window causes that window to sit and spin (have to kill through task manager or "Close Sessions..." option on SAP Logon), does not appear to affect other open sessions on other systems luckily.

Has anyone seen this issue in this build and if so how did you get around it, or have you seen this in previous builds and how did you get past it there (short of just upgrading).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Josh,

Is this user-specific, or PC specific?

I have not seen this with patch 9 on my workstation.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I double checked with a test account and I got the same result today that I get with my own account, and I also checked with another user on this version and they are getting the same thing.  I will try to uninstall it and reinstall it and see if that clears it.

Josh

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

An Adplus trace might be useful here.

Can you raise a message in BC-FES-GUI, and refer to note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1387962

You can upload your files here:

SAP Box Attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jude,

After uninstalling and working my way back from 7.20 up to 7.30, and then up to patch level 9, I found that the issue actually appears to be coming from something with Gui XT, or our customization to it.  Thanks for the link though about the trace capability and I will let our Basis and Security teams know about it

Answers (0)