Multi threading under single file channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have File-Proxy scenario .

We are using fCC sender channel and using

recordset sequence as varaibale

recordsets per message was 250.

When large size file like 2GB was processed, PI is taking 45-50 min to process the file and from proxy end its taking 8 hrs to process this file.

we are using one channel and 250 recordsets per message by chunking file and process to target. We are following EOIO for sequence for these chunk files.

with this approach in PI target system proxy is taking huge time to process.

experts suggested using multi threading and multiple channels are the ideal solution for this issue.

am expecting with multiple channels and multi threading  will cause issue for receiver proxy  because of more objects and current approach is fine.

Please suggest any other alternatives we can acheive in PI with respect to this issue?

Note: I checked blog for file chunk option under Adv parameters and I cant use that here as FCC and Mapping is there .

Rgds,

aman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

I have seen instances where ECC side of processing is bad. In your case as well, you need to look at performance enhancing techniques at ECC side. I have seen an instance where an inbound proxy processing code brought a system down. On critical review of code and performance, we came across issues, enhanced the code and performance improved drastically.

My suggestion:

Look at PI mapping and see if you can enhance performance. Also, look at the ABAP design with ABAP SME and look at ways to enhance performance.

I am sure you will get the results.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Quick question. Is it taking long on the ECC side to process or on PI's java stack?

With a file that big i would expect it to take a while but not that long. So you are sending 250 records to ECC at a time correct?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

in PI its taking 10-15 min and from ECC its taking more time in hours like 2-3 hrs or more .

and 250 records to ECC.

recordsets per message was set to 250 in PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

So the problem is more on the ECC system? Because once the message leaves PI, PI cannot do anything else to improve ECC's performance.

Would suggest having a look at the code. It can be that it was not written to handle that large amount of records.

Because if it problem was sending from ECC to PI then we could have a look at maybe your network and system performance etc, but it seems it might be something to do with the coding. Maybe tables being locked while it processes.

Hope this helps,

Jannus Botha

anandvithal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

We had file to proxy interface and the XML payload of the proxy was around 400mb...to reduce the time taken in PI in mapping step we reduced the XML payload of the proxy by cutting the XML tagnames.

for example an xml field <firstname>Anand</firstname> was converted to <f>Anand</f>

with this we were able to achieve about 40-50% reduction in XML payload the file and a good improvement in the time taken by PI mapping to process the file.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Anand