cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Business Partner numbering same in ECC and GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does anyone have experience on projects/clients where the Numbering for Customers/vendor in ECC and the related Business Partner in GTS is same?

For an example: Customer# 12345, BP#12345 in ECC.

In GTS: BP# 12345.

We are planning to use MDG system for Master data distribution across systems. I believed it is possible to keep the Numbering same just like we do in SRM.

But on checking further in detail, I feel it is not possible in standard. Can someone provide their inputs on if this can be achieved with standard setup.

On checking the code in GTS, I can see Number range group in GTS is determined in FM BUP_CHECK_GROUPING. This FM uses Internal numbering always when there is no BP# is sent from ECC for the Customer/Vendor#. Only if the BP# is sent, system will look for external number range.

In ECC, the standard code is always keeping BP# and Numbering grouping as blank/space in FM /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_1006_MAP_R3. Which means standard SAP doesn't allow keeping BP Numbers sync'd in ECC and GTS.

So, I am not sure if this is possible with standard setup. Can someone confirm please?

If not possible, I will look for enhancements.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards

Dhilipan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

As far as I know, it's not possible using standard techniques.  But as external partner numbering may be used in GTS, it should be possible using enhancements.  If I have time, I may look into it in more detail later...

Of course, you would need to ensure that no overlap exists between Customer and Vendor numbers in the system.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

We use EWM (Extended warehouse management) which gets customers/vendors from ECC and have the same number as ECC. I'm not sure what's driving that but wanted to offer that piece of information for your perusal. I'll check and share my findings.

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

I briefly checked the program code.  In the API1006_HEAD structure, field BPARTNER is transferred to GTS with value <SPACE> (hard-coded in Function Module /SAPSLL/DEBMAS_1006_MAP_R3), and I think that might be the field you'd need to use.

From what I can see, that field is used as the Partner Number in GTS if it is filled; otherwise field EXTERN_NO is used.  So it would be worth a try (in debug) to fill the BPARTNER field (max. 10 characters) and see what happens.

I'm not sure how the Number Range is assigned - it could involve some "profiles", or perhaps be a nice surprise.  I'm sure you'll have fun in finding out: do please let us know.

Regards,

Dave