Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Item - Timeline monitor

larhes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

on Portfolio Item level I'm not able to access the Timeline Monitor. As I don't get any Java error message and a table view is displayed instead, I'm suspecting some missing configuration.

I've looked into the Launchpads configuration and compared this towards a SAP demo system in which the Timeline Monitor is displayed as default (Gantt Chart). I have not yet come accross any inconsistent configuration.

Does anyone know of some configuration prerequisites required in order to display the Timeline Monitor?

Thanks 🙂

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

One info required here.. Have you done Decision point & phase mapping? And also whether dates are maintained in the decision points?

If possible, attach some screenshots.

Regards,

Ravi

larhes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is what the Timeline Monitor looks like.

Decision points are mapped to the respective phases, see screenshot below.

Until now we have not maintained any dates in the decision points. As I test I added some dates, but the result were still the same.

Thanks for your input 🙂

Lars

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Normally the graphic view contains a set of screens.

1) Table - on the left hand side

2) Graphic - On the right hand side (refer the below screenshot).

Same concept is with PPM-Project management graphic view also.

I see this as an java issue in your PC.. Can you try this with a different PC.

If it does not work in the other PC also, then it is better to raise a OSS message with SAP.

And one more thing..were you able to solve a different graphic issue in Portfolio structure.

Regards,

Ravi

larhes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

thanks for your feedback again 🙂

What I find strange is that it works fine in PPM-Project Management. No Java issues in this view.

Regarding the other graphic issue, we have upgraded to the latest service pack, but we still get the same errors or missing graphics. The problem is the same for a number of users and computers.

I think I better do as you are proposing, raising an OSS message to SAP.

Thanks Ravi!

Br,

Lars

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

If your queries are answered, please close the thread by choosing the correct answer. If you have resolved your query on your own, then share with the community and choose your post as correct answer.

This helps members to know quickly the answers for the post for which they are searching.

Refer below blog for further details on closing the thread.

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Regards,

Ravi

larhes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

as the customer has put the project on hold for at least a few months I have not yet been able to raise an OSS message.

I did, however, find something new related to this issue last week. I'm running the same Java version as a colleague (7 update 60 - 32 bit). As stated before, I'm not able to see the graphical view of the timeline monitor, but my colleague gets the graphics on the screen!

There is one difference between our computers, I'm running 64-bit Windows, he is running 32-bit. Another colleague, as well running 64-bit, has the same problem as me. Same goes for a number of users at the customer site. Not sure I'm able to draw any conclusions, but as I have tried at least ten different Java versions, this seems not to be the issue. At least not the only issue.

OSS messages are raised only by the customers Basis resource. As mentioned before, the project is on hold, so I'm not very optimistic that they will prioritize this within the next months.

Thanks,

Lars

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your detailed reply Lars..

Just to confirm..Have you tried java 64bit version?

Regards,

Ravi

larhes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

yes, I have tried 64bit Java as well. I forgot to mention in my previous post that we also found different Internet Explorer versions were in use. As I have understood, NWBC is using some kind of setup based on Internet Explorer. Anyway, I'm now running IE11, the same as my colleague, but unfortunately the same result on my side...

Br,

Lars

Answers (0)