cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link a document to a specific purchase order

0 Kudos

We have installed cFolders 4.5 on a stand-alone ECC6.0 sr 6

The link is working an the webpage can be viewed (within our DMZ).

I attached a document using the link-button with a certain purchase order.

Then I wanted to attach another document to another purchase order but was able to see the previous document too...

When I open the link from the first (or the second) purchase order I see both documents.

In the future when we have 3.000 documents linked to 3.000 purchase orders, how can we ever find the correct document?

When the link wasn't working yet I could see the PO-document number, item number and system within the link.

Now that the link works these data are resolved in some key but, like I stated, this key doesn't seem to be very specific.

Can somebody tell me if it is supposed to work like this?

Kind regards,

Rene Krook

ESE SAP Developer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the link you have created doesn't go the document itself, but to the folder where the document(s) is (are) located in in cFolders.

There might be some Customizing related to this how the link is generated. I have seen other scenarios like PO Collaboration in SNC where you get individual folders for individual POs, as an example.

Your scenario looks like a bidding scenario.

Regards, Ulf.

0 Kudos

Dear Ulf,

Thank you for your reaction.

At least I know now that there must be a possibility.

I have already been checking the customization for a while but I'm afraid I still need somebody who can tell me how to get it working with an individual attachment for each individual PO.

Let's hope that somebody who knows will see this discussion.

Kind regards,

Rene

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

looks like you are using SAP Customizing configuration in Procurement "Define Link to External Documents" for your cFolders linkage in the PO, correct?

Well, since this link is a static URL to one (top-level) folder on cFolders, you will see all documents on that level.

What I would suggest you could do is to have individual folders created per PO (which could also have their own authorizations), and if documents are updated to work with Versions in cFolders.

Not sure how you publish those documents to cFolders. In standard export transactions you could use the related CFX_BI_EXPORT BADI to control how to publish the PO related documents.

I would also recommend to have some kind of report created that automatically deletes PO related documents on cFolders once the POs have been processed, if you think there are too many visible very fast.

Regards, Ulf.

0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Yes, you are right, I am using the customising of "Define Link to External Documents" and it contains an, apparently, static link but, when it was not working I could see that it contained the system ID, client and document number.

I think this static link is extended with a kind of dynamically generated 'single sign on' link.

Our Purchasing Manager showed me the button in one of his purchase orders telling me it linked for each PO to a specific attached document at his previous employer. (They were using a wide landscape including EP6.0, SRM, etc. while we only have an ECC6.0)

The idea of creating subdirectories with the number of the PO I already suggested but he wants it to work like he was used to so it somehow has to be possible...

I'm really hoping that somebody solved this same issue and can tell us what to do.

Kind regards,

Rene

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

you might want to raise this question with above details in the ERP Procurement community as well.

I haven't seen this scenario yet (ERP PO linkage), unfortunately, and I work with cFolders since more than a decade. Only in SNC PO Collaboration.

Ulf.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi René,

Can you elaborate this with some screenshots?

Regards,
Ravi

0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I attached a screenshot where you can see two documents.

I named each document by the number of the purchase order to which it belongs.

When I then use the link to watch the attachment from the first purchase order I see both documents.

I just need to know how to use Collaboration to have a specific attachment.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

I am finding it difficult to understand.. Sorry for that

Can you please elaborate step-step..

Whatever I could see from the screenshot is that you have created a 'Competitive Scenario' collaboration and trying to create documents under Public area.. Whether the PO document(which is specific to a vendor) can it be shared put in public area of a collaboration?

Correct me if am wrong...

May be we can take help of also..

Regards,

Ravi