cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal & Spend Performance Mgmt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to have your advice on our SPM/ Portal approach.

We have Spend Performance Management in our landscape and I was asked to integrate it with Portal. The URL I was given is

http://<webdisp_host>:<webdisp_port>/sap/fcprt?app-config=spm

where 'webdisp' is our Webdispatcher listening at port 8105.

I read about SPM and understood that SAP provides a business package SSAUI for this purpose.

My question is should I go ahead with creating URL iview pointing to the above URL/ add it to a custom role and assign it to End Users? OR should we install SSAUI and enable the integration?

What are the benefits of going with SSAUI? URL iView on the other hand is simpler, doesn't require any installation etc.

Regards,

Reshma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michaelwaugh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

SPM is designed to work with SSAUI.

Running SPM inside an iview will reduce the real estate that the end user has for analysis.

Hope this help

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, I will go ahead and use SSAUI.

I have a related question.

Do we need to install Adobe Flash Player on the SAP portal too? Or would it be sufficient that it be installed on the ABAP stack and called by the web dispatcher? Since we would still be launching SPM as a separate application (not hosted on Portal).

Regards,

Reshma

michaelwaugh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

Adobe flash player is installed on end users machines. not on the server.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was poor understanding on my part. I was thinking something like Adobe Document Services to support Flash. Thanks for clarifying.

Regards,

Reshma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Could you please let me know what's the best practice? Installing SSAUI or using URL iView to launch SPM?

Thanks.

Reshma