Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Other Objects to Documents

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I want to display & edit data from another SAP Object with the DMS Transaktions.
I thought setting up links to Other SAP Objects would be the way to do this.

Basically I need an additional Screen (Ok if it would be under the Objekt Links Tab) where I can edit and display data from another SAP Application (That application is SAP EHS Management Product Compliance)

I have read the following documentation:

...-> "Document Info Record" -> "Linking Objects to a Document" -> "Adding Other Objects "

where it states

• Program two screens for the following module pools for the SAP object that is to be linked additionally:

– SAPLCV00

– SAPLCVIN

The process logic must be according to that of screen 0204 in program SAPLCV00 and must not be changed.

To my understanding this a modification!

I have found this part in the documentation as well:

"Enhancement Without Modification of the Object Links"

But it states right at the beginning the following:

You must integrate the object link from the object using the APIs of the function group CV140. SAP objects need to be modified.

Is there anyway to get an additional screen into the DMS transactions without modification?

In addition I do not understand this part in the documentation in the link above:

You need to do the following in Customizing for Document Management:

·  Maintain Screen for Object Link
Enter screen number 500 for subscreen container 1500.
In this case, the application program copies the flow logic for screen container 1500.
These settings are made in Control Data → Maintain Screen for Object Link.

For what entry should I enter 500 for "subscreen container 1500"?

Any help appreciated!

Kind Regards

Mark

P.s.: I'm on an ERP 6.0 Enhancement Pack 6 SAP System

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I will answer your last question about configuration.

You need to do the following in Customizing for Document Management:

·  Maintain Screen for Object Link
In this case, the application program copies the flow logic for screen container 1500.
These settings are made in Control Data → Maintain Screen for Object Link.

Whenever there is requirement of new object link screen enhancement in DMS first you need to do the above configuration. in SAP, every standard screen (Like material master MARA, Equipment EQUI, Purchase Order EKPO etc) have some screen numbers like 207, 204 etc.

So in your case, if you want to develop a new Object link screen in EHS module (For eg. Work Area)

first you need to do the config & give some specific screen no like 9004 to your object link. Define key parameter ID also.

Regarding programes SAPLCV00 & SAPLCVIN, these 02 programes are used for module pool in DMS to create/develop a new screen object link by ABAP'er.

With help of these 02 programes ABAP'er will write a code & enter a screen no whic u have configured in previous step. so once he writes the code & design a screen so that if you double click on that object link screen, system will take you to the required transaction screen in display mode (For eg. "Work Area" provided you have entered a Work Area number or Material master number).

Here I have not write about configuration in much detail as I think you must be aware about the DMS config if you are working on DMS module.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks

Pravin

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor

Hello Pravin,

Thank you for your reply.

However I still struggle with the documentation and the explanation you gave:

The documentation say I should:

The customizing screen looks like this:

There is only one column where I can enter a screen number.

How do I define that "for Subscreen container 1500"?!?

Anyhow I read the docuemaion in german as well and it at least clarifies this point:

SAP Object need to be modified

In German it explains that if you want to create an Object Link to an SAP Object (not a custom object) - that SAP Object needs to be modified to implement the "APIs from function group CV140".

Kind regards

Mark

Ps.: I am an ABAPer with 10+ years experience and are familiar with how dynpros are programmed etc.

0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3238691

Hi

in our project we can new objects for Trade finance and for materials management (MIGO) with the help of ABAB

following link will help you