cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently we experience some performance problems on the productive system. Consulting the EWA report of the last week the following issues are being pointed out:

1. Database load optimization:

Severe performance issues caused by expensive SQL statements were found that could endanger the production operation of your SAP system. These problems must be rectified. Follow the recommendations below as soon as possible to improve the performance of the overall system and specific transactions.

- in the top candidates as extensive statements is BEGINDBMS_STATS.GATH. From what I know this is related to the optimizer statistics job. How can this be improved not to be an expensive SQL statement?

2. log file sync that is higher than the normal reference value 15, we have more than 35

3. Reads / User calls higher than the referenced value 20, we have 70. This also indicates some expensive SQL statement, probably the one from the first point

I would appreciate any practical help from your side on how to improve any of this points

Best regards,

Dalmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dalmi

Could you share the OS / DB details?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle+Solaris

Br,

Dalmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the Oracle/Solaris versions?

Compare the database parameters with SAP recommendations so that those can be adjusted before you go with further analysis.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Done that already. I have been working on Oracle and SAP parameters for a some time, but nothing seem to work.

Oracle: 11.2.0.2, Solaris 10.

I am interested in these particular 3 particular hints (especially the first one), because there is where I should be begin with further investigation.

Regards,

Dalmi