Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori MRP App - Manage Material Shortages

razarizvi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All -

We are trying to get some clarity on SAP latest Fiori Apps for MRP, specifically “Manage Material Shortages”. Since the app is listed as a Transactional app, we are concluding that this app works on any Traditional DB. It does not necessarily require HANA DB.

Name of App

Type of App

Required Products

Backend

Manage Material Shortages

Transactional app

SAP enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0 SP04

ERP

However, in the MRP section of the Fiori Apps the restrictions state that HANA DB is mandatory. Some other apps in MRP are Monitor Material Shortages which does state in the help section that HANA DB is mandatory.

Could you please help us clarify this?

Regards,
Raza.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

razarizvi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All

Here is our analysis of the "Transactional" MRP App... (as I mentioned, we checked with two SAP sources who confirmed that the app requires a HANA DB for implementation. In addition I have also pasted a link which contains a presentation that highlights an exception for some Transactional FI and MRP Fiori apps - stating HANA  DB as a pre-requisite.)

We check two EHP7 systems - non-HANA DB and the other with HANA DB. During the service activation we did not see any issues and the XML and Gateway Client test was resulting with response 200.

When you actually call this app from the lauchpad tile, we can go only so far with the (non-HANA DB) setup... here is the error that shows up and it clearly states that the procedure called is not supported on this database type.

If you also look at the pre requisites for the MRP app implementation, it in turn requires some Fact Sheet app implemented for ES kind of features associated with it.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Raza.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raza,

You can use any database for transactional apps. Please see the link below for guidance.

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/ba/f61f533f86ef28e10000000a4450e5/frameset.htm

Regards,

Irqam

razarizvi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Irqam

sorry I didnt get a notification on this message. However to your point seems like there is an exception to the Financial and MRP apps

See the link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/706150d1-f2e7-3110-69ad-d64d9b20f...

See page 2 -

We also got a confirmation from SAP reps on this.

Kind Regards,
Raza.

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raza,

Could you please clarify your response, the link you send states that "there are exceptions" ...

what did SAP respond ?,

Do we require HANA to run transactional MRP applications ?

Thanks

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I found my answer here :

"When working with the SAP FIORI Apps for Material Requirements Planning, the SAP HANA database is mandatory."

Restrictions - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

"Simple" being the key word, I think it would be helpful if SAP could release a simple list, which could explicitly mention in simple words which applications require HANA and which would not

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In simple terms HANA is required for applications which are NOT transactional.  For transactional apps, you need to dig into the specifics of the individual application.  Unfortunately each app has different requirements and was created at different points in the Fiori development cycle.

Even for those apps which do require HANA, you still have to RTFM  read the manual.

Cheers, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

RFTM ? Really ? That is your answer ...The whole point precisely the FM ....

Let us have a look at the the transactional app My Spend, for example :

Do we need HANA or not ? Is it also a transaction application exception ?

Let us have a look at the FM, what does it say ?

My Spend - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

Now let us do some digging (GIYF as you like acronyms), fortunately I found this excellent blog :

published by  Tejas Chouhan

I believe Tejas published his blog to help many customers confused by the FM

Thanks to Tejan and his blog we managed to implement the My Spend Application

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

There are 2 apps for My Spend. with HANA and any DB. Both 2 apps are in Transactional app category. There are more functions in MySpend with HANA.

My Spend - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library  with HANA

My Spend - SAP Fiori Apps for Lower Back-End Releases - SAP Library  with any DB.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Farid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarifications Masa

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

Masa is right here. Looks like there are 2 apps for My Spend which led to confusion. The one i included in my document was aka wave 1 app, first list of Fiori. May be then the MY SPEND WITH HANA was not released.

Good to hear that my document was helpful. Configuration wise I believe with and without hana should be same for My Spend.

I will update my document and add the link for My Spend with HANA as well to avoid confusion in future.

Regards,
Tejas

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meant to be humorous, but you apparently did not take it that way.  My apologies for getting you upset.

As far as determining whether an app is transactional, you can look it up in the A-Z reference list which specifies what type of app each one is.

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby