cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating universe on Stored Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create an Universe on stored Procedure, Ended up with the error message as in snapshot,Your help is Appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is your issue resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi farzana

The issue did not resolved, But I come to know we can't create crystal reports directly on teradata stored procedure, It works if we convert  the Store procedures out put (not clear) To Macros, Now I wonder how to do it?

Any body has that Idea, It would be a break through for our experiment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv  ,

Universe based on teradata stored proc is not supported.

The best way to handle this is dump proc. output in table and use it.

Main reason being each time you refresh the report proc will get executed and while if you load that data in table then we need to have only select on that particular prepopulated table from proc.

It will be bit optimized also. 

Regards

jeevan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Information.

Jeevan will it work on Teradata Tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating universe have you selected the check box

Click here to choose stored procedures universe

Stored Procedure Universe Best Practice Guide - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the data database and which version you are using UDT/IDT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sreenivas Database is Teradata, Universe on Stored Proceedure, It is on UDT.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

If possible. Can you please test the universe?

Tools -> Check Integrity. If you get any error in the check integrity, if you double click on the error, it will take you to the error definition object. Then check the object definition (Data Type, Properties..Etc. ) And try to fix the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not at all letting to insert that table, It is based on stored proceedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot directly insert object in Stored Procedure universe,Whatever object you are using to define your derived table,you have to include all those objects into the universe first.

From the below image you can see that i have 3 derived tables ,but whatever objects i am trying to use all those i have inserted into the universe.

Try to build like this save and export.

Let me know if you face nay error