cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF stored on Workbench not opened in IE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my MII application, I'm creating a PDF document (through PDF and Image Saver actions) on workbench.

When I try to load the pdf file in a browser window through window.open(<workbench url of pdf>) in an IRPT web page, it doesn't open pdf and gives page not found error (404), even though I can see file on workbench.

After some time (time duration not fixed but approximately after 5-6 mins), the same pdf can be opened through same irpt page.

If in my IRPT page, I create a text file and save on workbench, that text file is opened in browser window through window.open() method.

Is there any delay or workbench constraint on PDF file that it will be opened after certain activity or after certain time ?

I'm on SAP MII 14.0 SP05.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Is the PDF saved and viewable in the WEB tab of the workbench?

Sam

PS:  Do you know how the file path prefixes of WEB://, DB://, and SERVER:// all work in MII?

0 Kudos

There can also be a lag in time from when the NetWeaver instance replicates files from the WEB portion of MII to the file system of the NetWeaver instance node (Did you know that all files hosted from NetWeaver have to be from the server filesystem?).  This is how NetWeaver is designed to host files, not from the DB directly but from the filesystem.  Sometimes this replication of files from the DB to the filesystem can take some time depending on the server configuration.

You can manually force a "Publish" of the content from the MII DB tables to the filesystem via this URL call:

http://<server><port>/XMII/Catalog?mode=blowout&Folder=<Project>/<Path>

Regards,

Sam

PS: I would also create a support ticket for this as the content should immediately be pushed to the file system when it gets created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Yes, it was issue with publishing the content and now its working.

Thanks so much for quick help.

Regards.

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit Gokhe,

We migrated from MII 12.0 to 14.0 SP04. For us, the PDF is not generating even deployed latest PDFAction.jar. Please refer the below thread.

Can you explain the steps used for PDF generation and what are the roles you assigned to the user?

Thanks,

Raman N

Answers (0)