cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing fields in segment

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

for an inbound interface in SAP ERP I have missing segment field in the received IDOC.

This only happens on our QAS server, on DEV server it is working correctly (all fields are present).

For example:

The IDOC structure is

ZIDOC

-ZFIELD1

-ZFIELD2

-ZFIELD3

In we02 I see the received IDOC with status 51 and the following structure/data

ZIDOC

-ZFIELD1 | DATA_VALUE1

-ZFIELD3 | DATA_VALUE2 DATA_VALUE3

Segment field ZFIELD2 is missing and data from this field is moved to the next field and hence misaligned!

The IDOCs are coming from SAP PI.

In PI I divert the output to file (instead of receiver IDOC_AAE) and I get the full IDOC structure in XML file, and there it is complete:

IDOC_BEGIN...

EDI_DC40 ...

ZIDOC

-ZFIELD1 | DATA_VALUE1

-ZFIELD2 | DATA_VALUE2

-ZFIELD3 | DATA_VALUE3

Also in ESB I do a test for the mapping and everything is mapped correctly.

I have reloaded the IDOC definition and have done cache refresh of PI after deleting and after loading the IDOC definition.

The same IDOC receiver from PI is used for other interfaces and they are correct.

In ERP I use WE19 and fill in the IDOC structure and it creates an IDOC that is correct (status 53).

I suspect that the problem arises when PI IDOC_AAE converts the IDOC from IDOC_XML to IDOC_flatfile and sends it across the RFC to ERP.

Has anyone come across a problem like this or similar and do you have any ideas on how to debug further?

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Possibly, this new field was added later. please check if the segment in ECC has the field and segment activated. Might be an ABAP Transport issue.

Ambrish

0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I suspected ABAP Transport issue too so I created a new transport from DEV to QAS and again the field was present in both systems.

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

you can also use the report IDX_CHECK_METADATA to compare the metadata (in dual stack).

also refer the below help page

Managing IDoc Metadata Using IDoc Metadata Monitor - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

we are on single-stack AAEX 7.31 SP05.

Regarding the link about Managing IDOC metadata there was a problem and you can see details above in my reply to Cristian and Jannus.

When I have updates I will let you know!

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, did you check the payload in adapter engine? is it correct?

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

yes I checked and payload was correct in AE.

As I have written I have changed the Integrated Configuration and have sent the output to XML file (instead of IDOC) and it was complete!

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir.

This is because the IDOC metadata not match between PI and BackEnd System. Try to reimport the metadata and make sure the version of the IDOC in backend system is exactaly the same you've imported in your Repository.

Than problem is always related with IDOC metada.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

I agree with Christian. Had a similar issue a few weeks ago and that resolved our problem.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

0 Kudos

Hi Cristian, Jannus,

comparing the IDOC in ERP we30/we31 is exactly the same as in Repository.

Furthermore I have reloaded the IDOC in Repository (ESB) doing Cache refresh before and after.

However in PI NWA I am not able to view IDOC Adapter Metadata, I get the following error:

Exception occurred when retrieving metadata.

Could not retrieve the data. Check the log for details.

The log shows error in Application:

sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~co~ui~xi~idoc~wd

The error message is (I only changed the real sid to SID for privacy😞

com.sap.default:SAP_ITSAMJ2eeCluster.CreationClassName=SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService,SAP_ITSAMJ2eeCluster.Name=SID.SystemHome.dsapdb,SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService.CreationClassName=SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService,SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService.Name=SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService,SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService.SystemCreationClassName=SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService,SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService.SystemName=SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService,cimclass=SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService,type=SAP_ITSAMJ2eeCluster.SAP_ITSAMXIIDOCMetadataService,version=3.0

Searching for a solution I found a note which could be related but is not exact description to the problem:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1841393

and it leads to this solution:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1781955

so I forwarded to our admin to check/import.

In the mean time I asked for QAS ERP server restart and that solved the problem - confirming that the problem was on the ERP side.

However it is not a solution to be used if the same happens again.

So if you have any other ideas please let me know, I will post updates as they happen.

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

We had a problem similar to this a few months ago. Where ECC took a Transport to production and we started dropping values.

We also reimported the IDoc and Full cache refresh. After a few hours of struggling we also decided to restart PI and see if that fix it. Luckily it did fix it. But unforutnetly we were not able to find the root cause of this issue.

Glad the restart also resolved your problem, but like you said that it is not a valid solution.

If this happens again i would suggest log a SAP Call, so that SAP can maybe also have a look. But i do not think this will happen again.

Regards,

Jannus Botha