Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address not copied from Sales order/Delivery to Shipment Document

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help on Addrss of ship to in shipment document.

Sales Order[VA01] >> Delivery [Vl01N]>> Shipment [VT01N].

User changed the Address of ship to party (Header level) in Sales Order and It reflected to delivery as well and I believe It should also update the address in Shipment document.

But when I checked the Address of the Customer/Unloading point in Shipment Document [VT03N] (as below) I found It was not updated It was same as Customer Master Record and I believe It directly copied from Customer Master Record.

BUT While creating the Shipment system is copying the data from Customer master Record not from Sales Order /Delivery. Logically system should copy the updated address from Order/Delivery BUT It is directly copying from Customer Master i don't know where is the setting of this ??

Can anybody help me on this ? How system takes the customer (ship to party) address in shipment ? Where are the setting of these.

What I need to do so system take the updated address from Sales Order/Delivery not from Customer Master Record (Ship to party).

Can I change the address of customer in shipment document ??

Awaiting your precious reply.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samir,

Thanks for your response.

I think you get my question in wrong way.

I am sayingCustomer master data was not changed.

User just changed the Address in Order (Order > Header >> Partner tab >> Change ship to address/overwrite ship to address).

Overwritten Address / Updated address are copying in Delivery BUT not in Shipment document.

What I need to do?  system should copy the updated address from Sales Order/Delivery BUT it is copying from Ship to party.

I hope this time i am clear to explain my issue.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello prashant

I understand what you need but I was explain to you the importance of address in master data so system will got the address from master data in shipment not from sales order until you change address in master data

i hope you got what i mean

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear samir

You are wrong please check i given link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear venu

I checked it and it talking about if we need to got address from sales order not from customer master data we ask abaper to do that

am I right ?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

On the Details on stage 001 screen, in the Destination Tab, what do you see against Address? (frm deliv?

There are three things the system displays  there: (changed), (from del.) or  (manual).

Frankly speaking it is unusual that in your case the address is picked from Customer Master even after changing the same in Delivery.

Also there are not setting in Shipment Document type to control the address determination.

With a assupmtion that there are no developments / enhancements in place, I will suggest you to raise a OSS request on this issue.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as I said system will get address from customer master data and if you need address from sales order it need to be developed for print out

regards

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi this is discussed so many times

please check this link By jiginesh sir

Please check this and let me know .........