Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Check Cache before go to DBLookup in Value Mapping

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have created DBLookup using Comm. Channel in UDF (JDBC Adpter). This value mapping technique I use for my scenario. It works fine. But, my objective is first XI should check the Cache for the value mapping data, if its not there, then it should look into the table thru DB Lookup. Normally, whatever we read the data, it will store in th cache. So, instead of each time to look into the table, we should check cache first. The reason is to increase performance.

I read SAP help and replies from Forum. It is possible thru Global Container Object. But my doubt is, i) Will Global container work across mappings ? ii) If work, what is the section of code we insert in our existing DB Lookup code ? iii) Is the performance improved much higher ?

Kindly reply, friends.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Jegatheeswaran P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It is better to call the DB Lookup , use Valuemapping to check the value mapping table , if it is existed ok other wise call the DB Lookup function , it will solve.

And

i) Will Global container work across mappings ?

Yes it will be possible to Use

ii) If work, what is the section of code we insert in our existing DB Lookup code ?

Instead of using the GC, you canhave the global variablein mapping that can be used or Hash mapping also.

If you want to use the Container variable

Set parameter to use the container variable

and get parameter to get the value

iii) Is the performance improved much higher ?

no Performance problem.

Check the below link

void

setParameter

(String parName, Object obj);

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/75/8e0f8f3b0c2e4ea5f8d8f9faa9461a/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is very helpful..</i>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i) Will Global container work across mappings ?

>> No . it is only to that mapping.

ii) If work, what is the section of code we insert in our existing DB Lookup code ?

>> No it does not work.

iii) Is the performance improved much higher ?

No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegatheeswaran,

i) Will Global container work across mappings ? - No, it will work locally for a single mapping.......

iii) Is the performance improved much higher ? - If you have to do too many lookups of the same data in your mapping, then using globall container variables will increase performance.....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta